G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
New to this forum but have been modeling trains for well.... lets just say for quite some time now. My hobbies are Harleys, cars and of course model trains. I am an amateur machinist and have a South Bend 10" lathe and a Bridgeport mill in the shop for making parts.
I got into large scale about 15 years ago when a friend gave me some European LGB locos, cars and track. I have since added to that collection with primarily Bachmann 4-6-0 and a couple Aristo Craft steam and diesel engines. Last count was about 20 locos and over 100 pieces of rolling stock. Everything is battery powered and radio control with Revolution Train Engineer. I have ordered a RailPro HC2 and waiting for it to arrive for testing.
I have yet to install track in the yard as still in the planning phase.
I recently have been working on a powered rail broom project and have come up with a working prototype. It still needs some fine tuning and but it works pretty good.
Motor vehicle Circuit component Table Machine tool Engineering

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Greg,
Height adjustment was one of the main reasons I built this. I just tested it again yesterday and found it to be a bit too wide. I need to narrow down some so it will fit in tunnels and bridges.
Maybe we need to move this discussion to another area of the forum?

·
Super Modulator
21,789 Posts
Your hello thread, yours to handle.

Yes, putting it in the general category and with a title "designing a sweeper car" or somesuch would attract more viewers and help (although it does not look like you need help ha ha!)

(compliment)

Greg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts