G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone. My name is Chad, and I have an outdoor garden railroad that goes along side my pool and around my hot tub. I have been a railroad modeler all my life since the age of 7 when given my first post war Lionel set. In my late teens through my 30's, I modelled HO Scale. Once my eyesight started fading, I moved to G Gauge in the early 2000's. I was on several Groups on Facebook. Some of you I will probably know from G-Scale Trains Group. I left facebook and other social media sites as I do not support Big Tech Monopoly or the way they conduct business.

Here are a couple of pics of my layout.

Reactions: Pete Thornton

·
Premium Member
2,716 Posts
So, can you control the trains while you relax in the hot tub?
Has anything fallen in the water yet?
Cheers,
David Leech, Delta, Canada

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, can you control the trains while you relax in the hot tub?
Has anything fallen in the water yet?
Cheers,
David Leech, Delta, Canada
Cheers to my Canadian neighbor. Yes and yes. I customized my own DC power using a 24 volt 10 amp Computer power supply, a remote control speed controller, and a low pass filter to convert PWM to linear power. Luckily I haven't had any motive power go into the pool yet, but have had a few uncoupled rolling stock mishaps that have been pushed into the pool when I wasn't looking. I resolved that issue by converting all my consists to Kadee Couplers. Haven't had an uncoupling incident since.

·
Super Modulator
20,720 Posts
We have another member - Randy Stone - who had track close to the pool, and he did post a picture of a caboose in the bottom of the spa...

Welcome... you might want to join a nearby club, although Temecula makes you sort of equally distant from the Orange County club and the San Diego club (I'm in the san diego club www.sdgrs.com)

Greg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts