G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Hope things are going well. Figured I would do a quick introduction before going and asking a few questions about how to get my decoupler working correctly hehe. I mainly run lgb stuff though I am looking to expand into others, and one day I will manage to find my shay!
Train Plant Rolling stock Wood Track

Train Plant Rolling stock Track Wheel

Automotive lighting Plant Automotive tire Road surface Motor vehicle

Product Motor vehicle Sleeve Font Red

·
Registered
46 Posts
Most decouplers do like straight track and those 2 axle cars with swivel trucks do not always line up straight with out a modification to make then straight after coming out of a curve. I modified some of my cars to make this happen. The short cars without without trucks are no problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The majority of my issues with the decoupler is with powering it, though I believe my issue is that I just picked up the wrong kind of switch box for it. I’m very new when it comes to any powered extras like these. Thank you all kindly for the warm welcome though!
Computer Personal computer Wood Laptop Office equipment

·
Registered
83 Posts
The majority of my issues with the decoupler is with powering it, though I believe my issue is that I just picked up the wrong kind of switch box for it. I’m very new when it comes to any powered extras like these. Thank you all kindly for the warm welcome though!
View attachment 64221
I thought you were talking about the little plastic manual ones. Sorry can’t help.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The LGB unit for operating 4 epl drives (the switches and uncoupler use the same control box) is 5075/50750, 5175/51750. These have momentary on-off-on switches inside and control the polarity of the DC pulse sent to epl drives. The 5080/50800 is just an on/off switch and can not operate the epl drives.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts