G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! I found this forum while looking for resources that help me improve my knowledge about models train. Just popping in to say hello and introduce myself.

I'm here to learn from the experiences of others in this community. Looking forward to interacting with you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Robert, I joined yesterday myself. Not sure why this site seems to not load correctly but I am having trouble seeing pictures and older pages. See if you can look in the MasterClass section, check out the Mason Bogie. I think I dreamed about that for years. It will make your heart pound! It’s the coolest thing and I would love to build one.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Welcome from nearby Delaware! There is tons of information here compiled over the years and many very knowledgeable folks in many areas of modeling... live steam, home machining, scratch building, hand laying track and turnouts, wiring/electrical, battery power and conversions, etc etc.

In regards to older pictures not loading, there could be a few reasons why they wont show up. Most typical reason is if someone embedded links to picture hosting sites like Photobucket and the pictures may no longer be hosted on those sites, so you get an error watermark or they just don't load.

Enjoy perusing the forums and don't be afraid to join in the conversations in the threads. People are exceptionally helpful with answering questions so don't hold back. There is a search feature here to see if your question has been asked before and typically offers a ton of answers already without the need to start a new topic.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
welcome both.

... Not sure why this site seems to not load correctly but I am having trouble seeing pictures and older pages. ...
after a change of ownership, the forum had some very attentive administration.
they managed to destroy many hundreds of pics in the old threads.
but later they learned, that pics are important.

most modelers like to brag, so if you have questions, ask them! you guys give us a pretext for bragging...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Robert, this is a very nice website, but it moves pretty slow do to the number of people who visit it. You might also try some of the other large scale forums, Large Scale Central - Landing Page is just one of the faster moving sites for large scale. I would also consider visiting local clubs in your area and going to some of there run days, I will say here that with the covid like it is this is pretty much not happing at this time, but hopefully the future we can return to somewhat normal someday.

trainman

·
Premium Member
6,529 Posts
Welcome guys.

but I am having trouble seeing pictures and older pages.
This forum, as mentioned above, went through ownership changes and all the photos were wiped out shortly afterwards. Even worse, occasionally you will get a thread with the wrong photos in it! Be careful with anything more than 5 years old - and check the 'last post' date before you start adding to a thread. We've had a spate of ancient threads being resurrected with questions to post-ers who have left in disgust at losing all their photos!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts