G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just stumbled across a bookmark to a post I made in '04 in the Photography forum (figured most of you probably didn't see it). Several video clips of Roaring Camp Heisler #2 (former WSLSo #3) in operation. I encoded these in Divx so you may need to download the codec if you don't already have it installed. Instructions and a link are in the post.

Here's a link to the post

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Well, HERE [http://www.brian894x4.com/RRvideos.html] is a chance to have a 29 minute ride on a rebuilt Heisler from Garibaldi OR to Rockaway Beach and back, mostly in the cab.

Brian Mac', the producer of this excellent video, has a large number of easily downloadable movies of the former SP&S Northern #700 and, of course, her streamlined sister, the Southern Daylight GS4 #4449.

For those who have a yen to ride a trolley, the Astoria waterfront trolley car is there too...

Fans of the the Pacific Coast Scenic Railroad will be pleased to hear that the appalling storms while were there in December/January did not affect the Garibaldi/Rockaway Beach stretch, but that the track and roadbed from Garibaldi down to Tillamook took a real hammering and has not yet been replaced. A fair number of freight cars are still marooned there, as is a pristine refurbished GN F7 with an immaculate paint job.

tac

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Posted By tacfoley on 07/08/2008 3:23 PM
Well, HERE [http://www.brian894x4.com/RRvideos.html] is a chance to have a 29 minute ride on a rebuilt Heisler from Garibaldi OR to Rockaway Beach and back, mostly in the cab.
Brian Mac', the producer of this excellent video, has a large number of easily downloadable movies of the former SP&S Northern #700 and, of course, her streamlined sister, the Southern Daylight GS4 #4449.
For those who have a yen to ride a trolley, the Astoria waterfront trolley car is there too...
Fans of the the Pacific Coast Scenic Railroad will be pleased to hear that the appalling storms while were there in December/January did not affect the Garibaldi/Rockaway Beach stretch, but that the track and roadbed from Garibaldi down to Tillamook took a real hammering and has not yet been replaced. A fair number of freight cars are still marooned there, as is a pristine refurbished GN F7 with an immaculate paint job.
tac

What a coincidence - I flew today down to Astoria then to Manzanita and Tillamook following 101 and the railroad down the coast - conditions were fabulous with the marine layer about 1/2 mile offshore for a change.....

Robert

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Posted By tacfoley on 07/09/2008 7:37 AM
Anxious folks here are awaiting your IFR.

tac, mrs tac and the family ig

I'm working on it - sort of mandatory here in the IMC capital of the US.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Dwight, there's a photography forum? :)

Thanks for the link. I enjoyed watching the videos. And it reminded me that it's time to take the drive over the hill soon. I had no trouble watching them. They downloaded directly into Firefox (3) and played without any hesitation. Nice and clear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts