G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anyone in hawaii? i have been stationed here for a while now but was deployed and am just getting into the hobby ... is there anyone on oahu?

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Mike,
Jeff Livingston is in the area. Good guy and a great modeler. If you can't catch him online check out at the Oahu Railroad Museum on the west end.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Mike,

We're here and running Large Scale. Are you back at Schofield now? Our loose group gets together the first Sunday of the month either in Wahiawa or Kailuia with a couple of more sites coming on line where we can run trains. We may try and sway you to Hawaiian or military narrow gauge though! I'll try and contact you via email.

Jeff Livingston
Kaneohe, Hawaii

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sweet ... and yes i am in hawaii now, i live on HMR roght outside of wahiawa ... im a super newbe with no trains yet ha just a deep passion without the deep pockets ... for now

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Mike,

Welcome home! Check your messages and give me a call. Deep pockets are not necessary, deep passion is always a plus, now and anytime.

Jeff Livingston
Kaneohe, Hawaii

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
Aloha, Jeff and Mike. Word of the day: "Auwe, make anu!" Or so it said in the Maui News. Sitting inside with doors closed just looking at the sun--and the wind. Enuf, already!

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Mike,

No special thread. We're drawn together by our hobby not locality. There is a Hawaiin group on Yahoo but it's for all kinds of Hawaiian railroading information and not modeling specific. If you didn't get my email through your profile info you can contact me through the Hawaiian Railway Society at Ewa. Or contact me through the office at 682-4024. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Jeff Livingston
Kaneohe, Hawaii

·
Registered
170 Posts
Boy it must be tough modeling with all that sun, nice temps and cool breezes. I suspect the only thing to hold you up would be the scenery at the beaches.
Dave
(temp in upstate NY 18F, 6 to 12 inches of snow expected this evening)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts