G Scale Model Train Forum banner
21 - 40 of 90 Posts

· Registered
Accucraft Ruby, Accucraft 1:20.3
234 Posts
Back to the 18…my buddy Terry Seese should have his soon—long wait so I’ll see it running soon— god willing—but I didn’t order one…I’m running with him on Dec 13th..maybe then…🤞
I saw Terry's C-19 at Mad City last winter and Trainfest a few weeks ago. I just joined WIGRS at Trainfest. Saved a stamp just handing the dues to him.
We were discussing his Chuffer and he relayed that Accucraft confirmed that the Chuffer won't work on the C-18 because of the blower.

· Registered
30 Posts
The C-18 requires a draft fan to get it going! Unless you already have a draft fan, you will have to wait till early in 2023 to fire your locomotive up. Steam Sation shows that the draft fan is out of stock at present and resupply is early next year. Hmmm. This could be a problem.
Charles M

· Registered
234 Posts
I was fortunate then, when I made the final installment payment on the Loco I also ordered a fan.

· Registered
234 Posts
Train Vehicle Wheel Rolling stock Track

Train Wheel Rolling stock Vehicle Track

My 318 showed up yesterday. Got it unpacked and inspected, recorded the whole thing. I'll post that video once I can upload and edit it.
Last month I told my wife that it will show up the day before we leave town. And so now I'll spend our trip counting the days to get home and steam it.

Machine Urban design Engineering Metal Rectangle

· Premium Member
2,391 Posts
I knew the C-25 could be coal fired, but didn't know the C-18 could be. Please tell us more Tacfoley.
You got me there, since both gas-fired and coal-fired are about as far out of my league as collecting WW2 fighters, I might has confused them in my poor addled old mind - what's left of it, that is. BTW, after almost fifteen years here, you can call me tac, Foley is my surname.

· Registered
234 Posts
Still curious about the butane version gas pipe.
Pete, the gas pipe is under the foot plate. There are 2 threaded hose connectors on the left side between the Loco and tender. One from the hand pump, and one for the gas to the ceramic burner. The fire door is low on the back head similar to prototype. No hose and jet poking across like a poker burner would have.
I'm traveling home today, hopefully tonight I can post my unpacking and overview video.

· Registered
234 Posts
Here is the video of my unboxing and inspection.
I had plans of adding music over the background noise. But in the end I would rather put my time towards the locomotive. I ended up with spectators who were just as excited to see the new engine as I was, besides my children.

I'll add videos and pictures as I generate them.

21 - 40 of 90 Posts