G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellows,

Is there a supplier for Hartland parts (namely, their press-fit plunger contacts) that ships, other then HLW themselves?

I don't mind their parts prices, but I'd rather spend more per contact then give them $12 for shipping items that need nothing more then $5 to ship via Priority in a padded envelope.

Take care,

-Kurt

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Kurt,

Have you thought of expressing this thought to Hartland directly? Politely, of course.

I don't know how big they are, but do know that some of the big eBay sellers subcontract packing/shipping.

Les

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I considered discussing this with Philip, but I got the idea from the email that shipping is fixed. I'll ask though...

I don't wish to pass judgment about Hartland, but they do not seem to be a company large enough to warrant subcontracted shipping...are they?

Take care,

-Kurt

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
I don't know how big Hartland is. It seems to me the volume of shipping might be a factor, if in fact they do subcontract shipping.

Les

·
Registered
213 Posts
They have always been really responsive to any need that I had, great folks...Wholesale Trains and RLD both sell HLW...others too, but not off the top of the head!

Merry Christmas

cale

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
They are part of another manufacturer (Kenco Plastics Inc.).

While the "cost" of the postage may be $5, they have to pay someone to pull it, package it, print up an invoice, etc. Approach this from the viewpoint of an industrial supplier with a business to run and not someone sitting at a kitchen table shipping an eBay sale or the like.

And honestly, if you value your time, you have probably spent the $7 difference in typing and monitoring this thread?

·
A Steamed Elder
3,857 Posts
Kurt,

I was in Denver on Monday and visited Caboose Hobbies. They have a good supply of Hartland parts. You might check with them.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Posted By gary Armitstead on 12/24/2008 9:03 AM
Kurt,

I was in Denver on Monday and visited Caboose Hobbies. They have a good supply of Hartland parts. You might check with them.

Thanks - I'll check them out.

-Kurt

·
Registered
95 Posts
Personal calls to Phil Jenson works wonders. Keep in mind that their parts supply is in Nebraska, not at the factory in Indiana

1 - 10 of 10 Posts