G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
 Does anyone know how to take the shell off a hartland mack,  and has anyone converted one to battery power?

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Be careful prying up that catch to remove the driveblock from the chassis, it can break it pryed too hard, pry it up gently while pulling up the driveblock so you only pry the catch just enough to release the block. If you break the catch, it cannot be repaired.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
I am in the process of doing one now.  The second thread that Tony refers you to are easy to follow and will (INMHO) end up in the neatest/best way of doing it.  I am not doing it Tony’s way because it is dependent on using an RCS radio system.  Right off, the top I want to make it clear that (again INMHO) there is NOTHING wrong with RCS systems; they are the BEST to use for this application.  However, since the Mack is for my three year old grandson I wanted to use something that uses a slightly simpler control unite and less expensive.  To meet these two goals I am going to try to use an Aristocraft Basic TE unit that will need to have a trailer car to hold the unit.  I will post later today how it works.

Bill

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Posted By BillBrakeman on 02/13/2008 10:13 AM
... since the Mack is for my three year old grandson I wanted to use something that uses a slightly simpler control unite and less expensive.  

"Critter Control". Push the button. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/wow.gif

G

·
0 Posts
Posted By Del Tapparo on 02/13/2008 5:07 PM
Posted By BillBrakeman on 02/13/2008 10:13 AM
... since the Mack is for my three year old grandson I wanted to use something that uses a slightly simpler control unite and less expensive.  

"Critter Control". Push the button. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/wow.gif

and some of those great looking "G-Scale Graphics" as seen above on the Thommy-Mack!

cale/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif

·
Registered
82 Posts
Removal of cab:
1 - Use an Xacto knife blade or? to catch an light's edge and pull out the lights at the roof of the cab.
These lights are on stems that nearly touch the upright bulb rising from the cab floor. they hold the cab to the upright body walls. The cab will now come off.
2 - You will see the tabs that hold the hood and body parts by pushing in on the sides of those parts. I gave in to the impulse after some time and simply broke away the holding tabs -- glue easily works when reassembly is the goal.
3 - Motor parts removed will give you the rest of the program.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts