G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who had a good stock on hand of this nice locomotive, seems everybody I have called, has to order them, and who knows when it will get made, I waited almost 4 months a year ago and never did get the loco, finaly canceled the order and bought an LGB german passenger set. I still want to do a small wild west layout outdoors. I want to get one of the more colorful models they make. Wish they would do the Yreka and pallasides, I know I didnt spell that right! I know its not to scale, but that paint scheme would look awsome on that model. I love the bachmann 4-4-0, but fitting the curves for it to run, isnt gonna happen!

G

·
Wholesale says some are "available"..better call!

HLW may have some sitting there in stock, they've always been great on the phone...try a call there like Kevin said!

good luck...they have a few on their specials page for $334...and they ship for free!

cale

·
Registered
111 Posts
I also saw two of four at Lantz (wholesaletrains.com) as available, including "The General".

I like the HLW trains in general and have several Mack switchers that are great for testing the track before putting the big trains out. I plan to build a small mine loop and picked up one of their "Gold Hill Mining Co." locos. I also have two of the Army train sets that also use the Mack. They even come with a tank that runs. Unfortunately they don't seem to be available any more.

Paul

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I will check it out. We are going to Indianapolis today for dinner with my sisters familys any my folks for mothers day, we are heaing down early so we can do some shopping. I am planning to stop at Watts Train Shop in Zionsvile and see what I can find. We will probably end up staying with the Euro theme as thats what we have now, in two scales HO and G. One loco on the to be aquired list is the Harz 2-6-2T that has the track skates, ie the newer version. Dave is great for getting collections and offering them at fair prices. We got our Stainz starter set, 1991 vintage but never used, for under $200. And that was on the day after Thanksgiving last year and it was the last Euro starter set he had! Happy Mothers day to all the wives and lady modelers we have. Cheers Mike and Michele T

1 - 5 of 5 Posts