G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As an update, it has been a year now since I placed my order for a box car and several castings and jigs with Hartford Products.  I have not received anything and now no refund on my money.  They simply have refused to answer the telephone, faxes, e-mails and letters.  The last registered letter was returned.  I am out over $300... Merry Christmas hartford!

If anyone out there has a jig available for their D&RGW long caboose and stock car, please contact me.  ([email protected])

Merry Christmas to all. 

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE: Hartford Productshttp://www.mylargescale.com/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/cry.gif

I paid by American Express, complained to them but they cannot reach Hartford either so won't do anything even tho' I have receipts.  They told me to contact them which I tried to no avail.  Most of the screwups seem to have been done by the son, Jeramiah.  Their web site is till up, but I suspect when they see my name it is ignored.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Correct, they were bought out by new owners.  had a geat relationship initially with one of the woners, Jeanie, who was very accommodating, but then the son, Jeramiah, took over my orders.  last one was sent to the wrong address and got hung up in the postal system, eventually going back to them.  He resent the order again to the wrong address.  Months later he would say the order went out, then it was a bout to, and so on, apparently one lie after another.  I just hope someone else buys them out and continues as the Hartford kits and casting were excellent.

They've ruined Hartford's name and I can believe he is upset. 

1 - 7 of 7 Posts