G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has come up before but does anyone know the current status of Hartford Products? I can't get them to respond to phone calls and emails.

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
I've had some difficulties getting through myself at times. Phone seems to work best, but I'd keep calling until I actually talked to someone, leaving messages doesn't work so well.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
I have lost faith in Hartford. No response and no follow-up even after TALKING to them (which was difficult at best) about the inability to deliver parts ordered back in December. Ended up going elsewhere to get the needed parts.

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
I tried calling a couple times this and last week on an order made in early June that I was told would be out in two weeks.... I get no answer, and left a message (no actual greeting) with no call back.

A shame, they apeared to have a nice range of stuff....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I guess I am not alone in getting no response from this company. It is a shame that this great company that Bob Hartford started seems to be having troubles. I just wish they would reply to my numerous attempts to contact them. I really want to order from them because the stuff they sell is not offered by anyone else.

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Well, three messages left by me this month (with no real greating, just the automated system) and still no calls back. I checked, my card has not been billed, so I guess no kit for me.

·
Junior Senior Member
596 Posts
C&OCRY has posted that they are unable to get through to Hartford also. Their post says they have removed Hartford from their catalog until the matter is cleared up. So the above link willnot get you any information either.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Back in May I called and Jeramia answered the phone. Told him I had a bad casting on truck part for my DSP&P waycar. "No problem. We will get one out to you next week" (this being Monday 12 May to be exact) Also ordered the interior kit for this car and told him I was missing facia boards. To date NOTHING after at least 4 more calls. All kind of excuses such as casting machine kaput etc etc. I am now making up a pattern for the bad truck part and will cast my own. Facia boards I can scratch. Same for interior. Sigh! Wanted more DSP&P cars over time but not now. Really very sad.
Noel
PS How in the heck do you do spell check on this site without standing on you head and etc. Shad...add spell check for us spelling impaired.
PPS Anyone have a couple pair of DSP&P Swing motion trucks by Hartford they want to part with. Contact me off line. Thanks
Noel

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Funny, I was told that the casting machine was down but would be back on line and why my kit would be delayed two weeks......

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Posted By Spule 4 on 08/04/2008 5:17 PM
Like the LGB saga, we have to wait a week......

....or maybe not.

·
A Steamed Elder
3,857 Posts
That IS sad./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sad.gif
It looks like this will have far-reaching effects in the 1/20.3 stuff.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Has anybody else noticed the Hartford Products ad in June Garden Railways Market Place (page 125)? Says Hartford Products is for sale - they are retiring. Hopefully we'll hear if/when someone buys the business.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts