G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't forget all you real Mid-Westerners..  JUNE is the month, 19th through the 22nd is the days..  Hope to see every body there..

BulletBob 

·
Premium Member
2,195 Posts
I think I can assure you that the Wichita Area Garden Railway Society will be coming back! I'm actually thinking that we should think about a layout design on the floor that would allow for multiple operations at the same time but do it as an open house (kind of like a "mini-Marty's thingy"!) This would allow for hands-on operations for everybody!/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blush.gif It would provide a slightly different experience for the attendees than just admiring the various layouts! Anyway, it's an idea that I came up with a month ago while on the chat with Jim Carter (pimanjc) but had not had time to discuss. It's still in the idea stage but I think I may be on to something!:)

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
  Well, I thought I would cut and paste a copy of the Show details. If there are any changes, I will post them as soon as I can.  The KCGRS ( show host ) would like some thoughts and ideas about setting up a live steam track, for guests who would like to bring and run a Live Steam engine.

I am planning on taking a couple days of vacation for the event this year so I can experience it from begging to end.  So, if you attended the event last year, or plan on attending this year and have any thoughts or ideas, please, don't hesitate to let me know.   Thanks everyone, .

Thursday - 19 June, 2008 9:00 AM 5:00 PM Vendor Setup Friday - 20 June, 2008 7:00 AM 12:00 PM Vendor Setup 12:00 PM 8:00 PM Show Opens to the public Saturday - 21 June, 2008 10:00 AM 5:00 PM Show - Public entrance. Sunday - 22 June, 2008 10:00 AM 3:00 PM Show - Public entrance. 3:00 PM 9:00 PM Vendor Tear down
Adult:
$10.00 per. day
$25.00 for all three days.

Kids:
Under 12 FREE, with paid adult.

TBA
Garden Railways Magazine
Gateway Garden Railroad Club
Kansas City Garden Railroad Society
MyLargescale.com
Northeast Kansas Garden Railway Society
Northwest Arkansas Garden Railroad Society

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Gee I forgot about this one now to see if I can fit it in with the rest of my  trips for the year./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crazy.gifLater RJD

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
The show car proof has arrived and it looks great. The cars should be here in plenty of time before the show. I have also heard that the waiting list ( if there are any cars left after the show) is already up to over 50 cars. I suggest anyone interested in these cars, Find a way to come to the show.

I am also working on other show specials. So, keep looking for news items coming in the future.

David

·
Premium Member
2,195 Posts
  I can "officially" report that the Wichita Area Garden Railway Society WILL be attending the 2008 HAGRS!:D We have decided to go with the idea of a "floor layout" that will have multiple loops and a staging area where everybody that has an engine will be allowed no, invited (!) to run a train (or two or three...) that they have brought to the show OR (more likely!) something that they have bought at the show!:cool: We're going to set up at a local show in April and "work the bugs out" so that HAGRS should go relatively smoothly!/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/satisfied.gif We will mainly run battery and live steam (you can do that inside can't you?) but there will be a powered loop for purchases! ;):rolleyes: Hopefully, the setup will work something like what happens at Marty's in September! Well, that's the plan so far! Hope to see you all there!

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
That sounds great Steve. I'm looking forward to it and just let me know if I can help.

Also, I want everybody to know that I am currently asking anyone going to any shows in the US or have special events planned for their own clubs to get in contact with me and I will send you flyers for the show to pass out.

Everyone's help is needed to make this a big success. Call me or email me and I will send you as many as you want.

Thanks in advance.

David Roberts
913-406-3400
[email protected] or www.hagrs.com

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
David
Isn't rldhobbies doing the cars? will they be there with a booth and sale items.??

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
RLD Hobbies will be there and they are selling the show cars. Plus they will have other special items. They should be right by the main entrance to the show.

David

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
will MLS have a booth or a blank table?

Maybe the Rivercity club could help use the booth if they sit up some MLS stuff?
 just throwing out ideas.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
MLS will have a booth at the show.
Shad Pulley is tentatively going to be at the show and doing at least 1 clinic.
We are also working on a model contest which MLS has expressed interest in helping to support in some way.
Shad and MLS has been a strong supporter of this show from the very beginning.
I really appreciate the help he and other MLS members has given me

I have been shunned by another website who won't even let me post anything about the show.
So sad that the love of the hobby isn't enough to promote or even mention a new show to a few.
And that's all I'm going to say about that.

David Roberts
913-406-3400

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
thi is all news to me. thanks

·
Master of Disaster
867 Posts
I missplaced the info but what is the name of the motel right accross from the parking lot of where the show is at...thanks.

Bubba

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Posted By Madstang on 03/03/2008 6:41 AM

I missplaced the info but what is the name of the motel right accross from the parking lot of where the show is at...thanks.

Bubba

Here ya go Bubba....

There is no hotel connected to the new show site. It is right across the parking lot from the building. The closest hotel is Hyatt Place They are offering a rate of 89.00 per night . I looked at the rooms and they are GREAT. All remodeled very recently. The one I saw was basically 2 rooms with a big screen TVon the wall that will hook up to a laptop, Frig, Microwave and a sofa that makes into a bed. I dealt with Heather Elevier, Sales Assistant for the rate. Just say you are with the Heart Of America Garden Railroad Show. Phone 913-451-2553 

Cliff

·
Master of Disaster
867 Posts
Posted By stumpycc on 03/03/2008 8:48 AM
Posted By Madstang on 03/03/2008 6:41 AM

Bubba

Here ya go Bubba....

There is no hotel connected to the new show site. It is right across the parking lot from the building. The closest hotel is Hyatt Place They are offering a rate of 89.00 per night . I looked at the rooms and they are GREAT. All remodeled very recently. The one I saw was basically 2 rooms with a big screen TVon the wall that will hook up to a laptop, Frig, Microwave and a sofa that makes into a bed. I dealt with Heather Elevier, Sales Assistant for the rate. Just say you are with the Heart Of America Garden Railroad Show. Phone 913-451-2553 

Cliff

Thank you very much.:):)

Bubba

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
The clinics look and sound great but do you have to sign-up beforehand or do you just show up.

Bear

4 Bear Railway

1 - 20 of 70 Posts