G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have run D S for a long time. But the train is not forgiving and requires a good engineer. Which I am not. 789 kadee I have used. Tonight I recieved my Scale 820s from Kidmans and started to install them. hoping for a little slack and easier running.
I usually run 5 ,five packs and then the 89' pigs of which I can't remember how many there is. Its a long heavy train.

I thought I'd just share this in case it helps any one else.
I also installed an Aristo wedge plow on my short 30' gondola hoping the shorter car will stay on the track better as its pushed through the snow. And yes I place weight in the car
I also bought a NW2 from Stan and installed a plow hot glued like crazy to clean the rails for the loco as it pushes the plow . Jim C. told me about that. also ways looking for better ideas .

I had the U 33 C lashed up and ready to run with 2 other 45s and the coal train, but kept finding things to do .

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just picture it in your mind . 820 box fits is the same spot as 789. I sanded down the lip on the 820 box so i could use the first hole for the screw. then drilled another hole for the 2nd one.

may the force be with you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.