G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought my first house and ive already started planning out the rail lines.
The house is in need of extensive repairs but I can't stop thinking about where my trestles and bridges are going to be.
Ill need to work on some grading but I hope to keep it below 2.5%. Ill most likely run the rail lines close together to get through the rock gardens.
Then once the rocks are cleared the lines will separate and continue on until they meet again. These are the only pictures I have of the area but I plan to start scratching out the footbeds soon. Also the loop will run over to the porch via trestles to keep the rail road close to the house for simple loading and unloading.

·
Premium Member
2,723 Posts
Mr Mill,
What a great looking place to live.
Where did the river go?
Have fun building the railway.
How can you not!
Cheers,
David Leech, Delta, Canada

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh its there, here's a better shot of the river next to the house.
I can't wait to get started!!

·
Registered
296 Posts
It does look like a real "fixer upper". My concern about the location of the railway is it's proximity to the river and potential flood levels. But as they say, location, location, location. Simply a stunning spot. Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It does look like a real "fixer upper". My concern about the location of the railway is it's proximity to the river and potential flood levels. But as they say, location, location, location. Simply a stunning spot. Good luck.
I’ve worried about it myself but the track right next to the rock is safe. I had just cleared a foot of dirt off the rock that’s below the line. We had a 100 year flood last year and it would of washed the upper track away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts