G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellers, I have mentioned in the past that part of why I don't have time for fun like this site is due to the daily huge amount of picture links I get through Pinterest. I have seen much of no interest to me, but then some great stuff too. One site I found through them is Green Stuff World. It seems oriented to people who do sci fi modeling and game modeling, but there are some interesting items on there. One thing of interest are 1/24th scale rollers. These are like small rolling pins for clay and putty and other similar materials. They have a variety of rollers including brick, flagstone, pavers, and stone walls. They are only like 5 inches wide, but I am sure one could piece larger widths together or do something like a stucco wall with exposed brick areas.

They sell some different putty materials as "Green Stuff" and "Brown Stuff". They are 2 part. I watched an interesting video where a guy made folded tarps using the Green Stuff putty rolled thin with a plastic rod. Think I would like to do that some time as to make some folded tarps for say a work car. And the guy that made the tarps has a company that sells 1/35 military model enhancements, as loads for trucks, that might again be useful for say a work car load.

Doug

·
Registered
503 Posts
I have used GreenStuffWorld styrene sheets. good product with good embossing detail. Only down side is that it takes a while for their products to reach my location.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have found very inexpensive styrene at home depot in their for sale signs. If this has been mentioned before, pardon me!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts