G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the first train show thats been actually held locally since Covid shut down everything of that nature last year. Nice show, 140+ tables with even some set up in the parking lot along with 2.5 buildings worth. Tons of HO brass, regular HO and N and Lionel as always. But also a nice selection of G scale at excellent prices. Picked up the USAT GP38-2 for $175, UP hopper for $30, LGB BN grain hopper for $40 and the unboxed LGB NP box car for $15. Great buys in my opinion! Looking forward to the next show at this location(this was their very first show ever), which will be in November of this year. Mike the Aspie.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brand new show held at the Grant Co fair grounds just north of Peru, Indiana. They plan to have a show there twice a year, November and April of each year. They had 2.5 buildings of trains and it was nice enough that they even had parking lot tables set up between the buildings. Reminded me of show at the Dupage Co fair grounds in Wheaton IL back in the good old days! (Parking lot tables even happened in winter snow storms and cold back then at that show!!). For a first time show they knocked it out of the ball park IMHO. The pent up demand from buyers was evident, lots of people there, I would say 95% were masked and socially distancing as best they could. We cant live in fear of a virus that for the vast majority is less deadly than the flu can be. I had a great time and will attend the next one. Our next local show is in Franklin Indiana(south of Indianapolis) in a few weeks. Info on that show can be found on the NMRA CID division website. Our G scale live steam group will have our portable layout set up at that event. We may set up at the Peru event the next time around. Mike the Aspie

·
Registered
334 Posts
I appreciate the info Mike! Might have to wonder over to the next one.

Thanks
Jason

1 - 4 of 4 Posts