G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While Rastun was in Wichita, I drove him by the Great Plains Train museum.

View from East Douglas Ave.

Lonesome and cold SF 3768.......

BNSF # 5432 came by while we were there........

JimC.

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Posted By pimanjc on 12/18/2008 8:34 PM

View from East Douglas Ave.

JimC.

What a nostalgic photo! I remember seeing a steam engine on the viaduct in downtown Indianapolis MANY years ago that looked just like that. Whoa what a memory that photo flooded into me. WOW!

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Jim did they remove all the old station platform canopy kind of looks like it. If I remember right behind the depot use to be some of the old Rock Island buildings and such. Later RJD

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is still about 50yds of canopy. The station is on the South side of Douglas. All of these pictures are looking somewhat North.
JimC.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
I adjusted exposure and curves a little:

·
Registered
938 Posts
Thanks for sharing Jim. It's been a while since I visited her. I hope they are still moving her back and forth on a regular basis to keep everything lubed.

Maybe some day.... :)

Raymond

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Steve, Ray, and Tom,
The FP-45 Warbonnet, 6-axle, passenger loco is still there.

The Museum regularily switches the location of all of their locomotives, and some of the rolling stock.

Although I could have adjusted the levels of the picture, the original correctly reflects the dark, cold, heavily overcast, 15F, snowy, 5:15PM mid-December image that prompted the title of "Lonesome and Cold SF3768." Thanks for the adjustment. Others may enjoy it more than the darker mood of the original.

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RJ,
I'm not sure how many years the museum has had the FP-45. It has been up there several years though. It is badly in need of a new paint job. Paint on the sides is peeling at places.

Jim Carter

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Thanks Jim. I would not mind if some one would make one in G scale. Be a very impressive loco. Later RJD

1 - 12 of 12 Posts