G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, it's hot, it's humid but give me a break. The Aster S2 can pull several cars weighing 13 pounds a piece. But
not if the track is greasy. The host almost had me convinced to put the USA cars on EBAY because the S2 was having difficulty
in starting up without really spinning the wheels. Tried six cars today and had a little trouble.Then John Frank suggested we move her to inside track which is older more mature rail and low and behold "SHE" performed the way she was meant to perform.
Maybe the cars are not right for her but they look good.
That is the reason the video is a little long. We kept adding the cars to her for the full consist of the 8 cars that I have.
I am not going to become an Aster snob, but lets face it Gentlemen. They do make a beautiful engine.

Steve, you are a great host and we just need to keep the grease off the rails.:D" border=0>" border=0>" border=0>" border=0>
Also Dave Young was running his Aster Coal Fired Southern Mikado

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Well atleast the running gear is getting worked in./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
It is said, "Build a track and they will come". This is true. I just wish that they would also bring a cleaning rag with them on occasion. :D/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue2.gif;);)

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
I also noticed depending on what your track is made of made a different. I get much less slippage on my dad's brass track layout than I do on my friends stainless steel track.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now Steve, you said you were open to some criticism about the track.Next time I will bring my LGB track cleaner and make it battery powered so we won't have to work so hard like you and John had to do.
Thanks for the great layout and Kolaches and cold tea.

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Hello Andrew. My track is all brass. The problem is that so many trains run over it there is no way to keep it from getting oily. We Texans are a lazy bunch and do not realize that the track needs cleaning until an engine that can pull over 100 pounds of cars slips at 10 pounds. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blush.gif:cool: The amazing thing is that Jonn Frank (An Aggie) figured it out! :confused:

Where is that cool steam powered custom built track cleaning engine that I have seen at DH when you need it. Mr. Baily could rent that baby out all over the Country. :)

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Actually I thought the performance improved because you guys handed me the controls. :D And you didn't even mention Dave's coal fired Mike?. I cleaned that middle track which was a mess. I thought some one else could clean the other two tracks. That inside track doesn't get much use to it was nice and dry with much better traction. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/satisfied.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts