G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) I installed a QSI sound decoder and am trying to operate it with the QSI G Wire receiver and an Airwire throttle. It works just fine on track power but won't work on battery. I'm using the Li-ion battery and it meters out at 20 volts. And I did this BEFORE I rerouted the battery wires. Has anyone tried a GP-40 with battery power? Does it work? Is anyone else having battery problems. 2) Well I figured out why the battery plug wires aren't routed thru the holes above the coupler. When you run the wires thru the holes the coupler mounting shaft is in the way. I cut these wires and was finally able to reroute them thru the holes and then solder the wires back together but it took over an hour. I guess the factory doesn't want to spend that much time routing wires. I'm really getting tired of bench testing Aristocrafts locomotives. Any more problems with them and I will send them a bill for my services!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got it working. I had to charge the Aristo battery a total of 11 hours to bring it up to a metered voltage of 25 volts and it now works. Need to try and charge the other 2 batteries this weekend. (I don't leave them unattended while charging). So far I am impressed with the QSI sound decoders and have ordered units for my SD-45 and Dash 9. Once those are installed and configures I want to get one for my Pacific. I am currently converting one of my older U25-B's into a battery car to use between the GP-40 and the SD-45. Hope to get it done by next weekend. Will post pictures or a video. Thanks to everyone for all your help.
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top