G Scale Model Train Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
RJ, thank you for the suggestion, I'm going to send the entire thing back so that they can also check out the front mechanism and make sure it's in good shape too, just in case, as I think that one of the drivers on the front may be slightly out of quarter

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
OK, I spoke with AristoCraft, and I talked to someone named George, and he said that with the nature of the problem, it would not be cost effective or time effective to repair it, and that he is going to be sending a replacement locomotive, but this time he is personally going to test the locomotive and ensure this doesn't happen again. I said I would prefer to have it repaired, but they said they would prefer not to do that, so we'll see how it works out. I told them that I had been told previously that my engine would be tested, but he promised me that this engine will be right, and he will make sure of that. We'll see how it goes. They are sending me another call tag, so at least I won't have to pay shipping.

G

·
Welp i wish you luck, if Goerge is going to look at it, chances are it will defective again this is the guy that replied to you the 1st time and said it would be taken care of. he doesnt really know much about trains as you can tell, hopefully Navin will inspect for you to make sure its right..3rd times a charm they say... good luck and keep us posted. hopfully you will have a working engine by years end the way there goin.....:confused:/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sick.gif
Nick..

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
John,

From reading the posts, its not clear where the replacement came from, a dealer or Aristo. It is good to see that Aristo has decided not to fix your current engine, but rather replace it with one they have determined runs as designed. That's the kind of service you don't get much anymore for anything.

Keep us posted, and hopefully, you don't have to wait too long.

Mark

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I'm sorry, I should have been more clear on that. The replacement I got was from Aristo not the dealer. Hopefully this all turns out well, I've heard good things about Aristo support, so we'll wait and see!

G

·
No need to be sorry John, it just seems that people dont read the thread clearly before they post, it was stated and it was clear that the locos came from aristo!!!! plus i dont know about you but lets see if i got this correct. you spent 420.00 plus shipping on a new locot hat didnt work 2 times from them with a 3rd on its way???? now thats old fashion customer service at its finest/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif i think if it were me i'd rather be hit by a train after all this:D AGAIN GOOD LUCK;)
Nick...
In my opionion wonder why this loco never sold that well with all the problems it has , plus the remaining mallet stock was sold to a dealer and aristo warehouses it for them till there sold... i feel sorry for this dealer he sold 1 engine and so far aristo will have shipped 3.........to get one to work.

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
John,
Thanks for the clarification. I must have been reading the posts too fast, as Nick pointed out so eloquently. It sucks that you got two bad engines. All the manufacturers have had QC problems. Two in a row with that particular locomotive is a real anomoly. I recall a guy who had purchased an Accucraft Daylight, and the smoke stack wasn't straight. And the paint was wrong, and that was on a brass model! Same guy had a USA Big Boy go poof the first time he put it on the tracks.

I have had Aristo repair locomotives and send parts free of charge. I have always found the people working there to be helpful. Between them and the former LGB of America, I never found better customer service. I can only speak from my own experience, but I have had minor to major problems with all the trains I have purchased. That includes LGB, USA trains (almost burned a bridge with a smoke unit), Aristo, Delton, Lionel large scale, Bachmann, Hornby, and Roundhouse Engineering (live steam). All have been very quick about making their repairs and/ or answering my questions to help me overcome whatever the issue was.

Nick: why would all the dealers show Mallets in the mid $400 range if only one dealer has purchased all the stock? Sounds like someone fed you a line of crap.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Uh Mark...that wasn't a Accucraft GS-4 with the wrong color paint it was a MTH model../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif

The Big Boy that went poof was picked up & replaced with a new Big Boy by USAT..:D

In all reality it's pretty sad when it takes 3 attempts at exchanging a locomotive to hopefully get a good one esp. with the exchanging being done at the manufacturer level../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blink.gif

Me thinks Aristo should stick with poducing Eggliners & 'Lil Critters instead of loco's that sit to high or have "bad" paint such as the latest warbonnet paint that's the wrong color red and/or not producing a "B" unit.../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif

·
Registered
938 Posts
Posted By markoles on 08/05/2008 12:24 PM
John,
Thanks for the clarification. I must have been reading the posts too fast, as Nick pointed out so eloquently. It sucks that you got two bad engines. All the manufacturers have had QC problems. Two in a row with that particular locomotive is a real anomoly. I recall a guy who had purchased an Accucraft Daylight, and the smoke stack wasn't straight. And the paint was wrong, and that was on a brass model! Same guy had a USA Big Boy go poof the first time he put it on the tracks.
I have had Aristo repair locomotives and send parts free of charge. I have always found the people working there to be helpful. Between them and the former LGB of America, I never found better customer service. I can only speak from my own experience, but I have had minor to major problems with all the trains I have purchased. That includes LGB, USA trains (almost burned a bridge with a smoke unit), Aristo, Delton, Lionel large scale, Bachmann, Hornby, and Roundhouse Engineering (live steam). All have been very quick about making their repairs and/ or answering my questions to help me overcome whatever the issue was.
Nick: why would all the dealers show Mallets in the mid $400 range if only one dealer has purchased all the stock? Sounds like someone fed you a line of crap.

To provide the clarification: "a guy" = Me

I'm not sure the reason for needing to reference me and my experiences in particular, but I respectfully request that you please keep me out of this.

Raymond

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
I for one am getting tired of every question about a certain manufacturer becoming a blanket party for certain other forum members. Someone had a problem, if you can help in a constructive manner, than please do so. Please don't use it as an excuse to carry on your continuous personal crusade that we've all heard up one side and down the other....

·
Super Modulator
21,793 Posts
The bricks remove easily, and I think I outlined the procedure on my site, basically 4 screws and unplug a plug.

Sorry you are having problems, my mallet just slipped 2 drivers out of quarter yesterday, first time. I'm going through all my Aristo steamers, unfortunately it's more of a question of when.

I lap the drivers to the axles and it has worked wonders, no slipping and no loctite.

Regards, Greg

G

·
Chris, chris chris, truth hurts sometimes but we all are allowed our opionions.fact is TRUTH HURTS weather you like it or not, and once again provin right on the way up and on the way down, dont hate the player, hate the game...i would exspect no differn't answer from you or yellow box boys.it seems your hero gettin worried, havin to have his members wright a thread about how good he thinks his products are...or so he thinks.../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/unsure.gif
Nick...

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Opinions are one thing...and hijacking any thread about one manufacturer to continue your flame war against them and their employees is another. I think the fact that the originator of the thread agrees with me says enough...

G

·
wrong again CHRIS,/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/cry.gif YELLOW BOX BOYS FEATHERS RUFFLES QUICKLY DONT THEY...

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
TLS- sorry your thread got hijacked. By now you know who's trying to help, and who just likes to cry and call people names.

Greg, I think I'll have to lap the drivers on my mikado as well. While the locktite seems to be holding, I know that when I have the open house, that number one driver on the fireman's side will slip. Just like it did last year!! I spoke to Ray about his method and will check his website for the details. Do you both have the same method?

Moderators: Don't we have rules regarding name calling and inflamitory posts? Seems that 99% of us are "Playing nice". But like most things, its the 1% that ruin it for all.

G

·
Posted By markoles on 08/07/2008 7:43 AM
TLS- sorry your thread got hijacked. By now you know who's trying to help, and who just likes to cry and call people names.
Greg, I think I'll have to lap the drivers on my mikado as well. While the locktite seems to be holding, I know that when I have the open house, that number one driver on the fireman's side will slip. Just like it did last year!! I spoke to Ray about his method and will check his website for the details. Do you both have the same method?
Moderators: Don't we have rules regarding name calling and inflamitory posts? Seems that 99% of us are "Playing nice". But like most things, its the 1% that ruin it for all.

ummmmmmmmm saw no name calling, did see you take thread off track, kinda funny you yellow box boys have too make up un truths to get your point across Mark, but thats ok i do understand.givin what you have to work with../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gifin an effort to keep this thread on track i will no respond to any yellow box boys mistruths, nice job in trying to derail thread but didnt work Mark.../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif
Nick

21 - 40 of 41 Posts