G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wind finally died down early this evening, so some twilight coal firing practice was the order of the evening. Engine is my Riverdale Elke. I have added the tender from Roundhouse, SSP Slomo inertia device, Regner whistle kit and lamps and builder/name/number plates from Narrow Planet.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can get coal fired engines at times from Anything Narrow Gauge in the UK, great website and fellow to deal with. Or order a brand new one from DJB in the UK. I got mine second hand but not built yet from Anything Narrow Gauge. Coal can be gotten from Jay at The Train Department or Ryan at Triple R Services. I use planting charcoal soaked in scent free lamp oil for initial start up. Got a big bag of it from the local landscape center, neither Lowes, Menards or Walmart carried the plain charcoal. All they had was stuff mixed with various fertalizer and stuff

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
He usually responds to emails, must have ended up in his spam. Try calling him next time, just remember the time difference. If you click on "contact us" on his webpage, a link comes up to email him. I believe he is also on facebook if your on there. He is a great guy and has no issues shipping to the USA

1 - 3 of 3 Posts