G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wind finally died down early this evening, so some twilight coal firing practice was the order of the evening. Engine is my Riverdale Elke. I have added the tender from Roundhouse, SSP Slomo inertia device, Regner whistle kit and lamps and builder/name/number plates from Narrow Planet.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can get coal fired engines at times from Anything Narrow Gauge in the UK, great website and fellow to deal with. Or order a brand new one from DJB in the UK. I got mine second hand but not built yet from Anything Narrow Gauge. Coal can be gotten from Jay at The Train Department or Ryan at Triple R Services. I use planting charcoal soaked in scent free lamp oil for initial start up. Got a big bag of it from the local landscape center, neither Lowes, Menards or Walmart carried the plain charcoal. All they had was stuff mixed with various fertalizer and stuff

·
Registered
68 Posts
You can get coal fired engines at times from Anything Narrow Gauge in the UK, great website and fellow to deal with. Or order a brand new one from DJB in the UK. I got mine second hand but not built yet from Anything Narrow Gauge. Coal can be gotten from Jay at The Train Department or Ryan at Triple R Services. I use planting charcoal soaked in scent free lamp oil for initial start up. Got a big bag of it from the local landscape center, neither Lowes, Menards or Walmart carried the plain charcoal. All they had was stuff mixed with various fertalizer and stuff

How did you contact Simon at anything Narrow Gauge? I tried contacting him by email a couple of months ago about a used engine on his website, and never got a reply back. I just thought it was because I was from the USA...

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
He usually responds to emails, must have ended up in his spam. Try calling him next time, just remember the time difference. If you click on "contact us" on his webpage, a link comes up to email him. I believe he is also on facebook if your on there. He is a great guy and has no issues shipping to the USA

1 - 6 of 6 Posts