G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know Shad is busy , but does any one have time and know how to googel earth what the Kaddie wye looks like and which way the lines run?
 I have lots of photos of the bridges, but no other info.
 thanks for any help.
 I was looking googel over but my brain started to hurt.../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Marty,
Did you load the Google Earth program itself??
If you haven't yet, after you do, it's really quite easy to use...
Just type in a town, or address, or prominent landmark, and it will find what you need...
But spelling will matter...
I just tried looking up the Kaddie Wye, and determined the spelling should be Keddie...

Here's a link fromn Wikipedia...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keddie_Wye

·
A Steamed Elder
3,857 Posts
Marty,

I found it on my Google Earth. It looks like the bridges face generally to south-southeast and open up to the southeast. I could try to give you a picture, but I'm having trouble with this new forum software to post pictures. Just google Keddie Wye and type it in to the location dialog box. It goes right to it. Good luck.:D

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't get that far.
e-mail me a photo
[email protected]
thanks so much everyone.
I need to have my wife help load it up etc.

·
A Steamed Elder
3,857 Posts
Marty,

I just e-mailed. Hope it arrives safely. Let me know if you want it closer or farther.

·
A Steamed Elder
3,857 Posts
Ed-

Like I told Marty, this forum software is too "twitchy" at the moment for me to continue to be frustrated by trying to post pictures now. I sent the picture to Marty by e-mail about two hours ago. Send me your e-mail addie and I will send it to you./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/unsure.gif Maybe you will have better luck than some of us in posting!

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
The only other thing worth noting is the orientation of the above views.. The "point" of the "Y" is pointing north. In both of the satelite views above the top of the photo is East.

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have thought many a time tring to work that into the RR.
I love the look of th whole area.
next Q?
my house , I noticed there was an elevation labeled on it. can you look up Nebraska City, 3 miles south and 1 east of hwy 75.

I wanted to place an elav sign on my RR at the station.
you are sooooo smart.....

My thought was to make the river bed the walk path.

·
A Steamed Elder
3,857 Posts
Marty-
It looks like you are sitting at 1050 ft.

I double checked with my own home elevation. It seems correct to me.

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thank you kind sir....

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
What is the purpose of the KADIE "Y"? Is it a turn around or is it a junction of two branches? What does it service.

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
John,
The Keddie wye is on UP's east west Feather River line over the Sierras. It used to be Western Pacific. The north leg goes to Oregon and is used by BNSF. There is a tunnel on the east side that is barely visible in the photos. It ties the legs on the east side of the wye together. Mapquest's aerial image view shows things much better. It has the tracks drawn in, but I can't seem to post the link here. I did send the link to Marty. He wasn't aware of the tunnel. If anyone can figure out how to post the Mapquest aerial view here,have at it.

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
also does any one know of a photo of the other tunnel portals???
Sounds like a good road trip for Paul to take photos of.

Gary
can you see my RR in the photo or is it older with two grain bins?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts