G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
1,544 Posts
The May-June 2007 issue of Steam in the Garden (No 93) has an article called a Clack-less Check Valve. It tells how to make a "Goodall" valve. I have made several and they are quite easy. The design can be modfied to fit any situation.

· Premium Member
1,544 Posts
The ones that I have bought and the ones that I have built just have a hole where you insert the hose from the squirt bottle. It is slightly smaller than the hose so that there is a press fit. The hose compresses enough to make a good seal, there is no taper in the hole. If you want I will take a couple of pictures and post them.

· Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Here are some pictures of a fill valve that I made. I used the existing fill plug, drilled it form the top to fit the hose on my pump bottle, drilled the bottom to insert the valve which I soldered in place with 2% silver solder.

The diameter of the portion where the little piece of tubing slips over is .110 in. I used a piece of model aircraft fuel line.
Hope this helps.

· Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Jack, The hole is not tappered. It is off center only because in my application I thought it would be easier to access. Yes, I just stick the tube in the hole. It is a pretty tight fit and I have never had a problem with it leaking. The top of the hole does have a slight chamfer just to make it easier to insert the tube.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.