G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Did you mean like this:

This is a station I built and described in a builders log a few years ago. The Clocks are made from mechanisms I obtained at relatively low cost from Lee Valley Tools. They were mounted on thin sheets of plywood faced with styrene painted boxcar red. The numerals were also from Lee Valley and hand applied. The clock here is 4 faced one on each side of the tower - that involved 4 separate mechanisms. Access is by lifting off the roof of the tower.

Regards ... Doug

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doug that's truly magnificent, but it's a little more than I imagined. I'm just looking either for a wall clock or a clock on a pole or the kind of street clock that projects off a corner. I found this on ebay:

but the proportions look all wrong to me and at 8 inches, it seems too tall for 1:29

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
Lownote
If you can come up with the measurements, and numeral type, a dial can be done rather easily with a laser machine. If you are looking for real clock you might find what you are looking for at KLOCKIT clocks in Wisconsin, If you are looking for a special dial I can cut you one for a 5 dollars on the laser machine
Dennis

G

·
0 Posts
Posted By lownote on 05/12/2008 6:27 AM
Doug that's truly magnificent, but it's a little more than I imagined. I'm just looking either for a wall clock or a clock on a pole or the kind of street clock that projects off a corner. I found this on ebay:

but the proportions look all wrong to me and at 8 inches, it seems too tall for 1:29

Low,
Makes me think the clock has to stay lighted all the time to run clock and light....../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blink.gif
Toad

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Try a woodworker's store. They usually carry different types of clocks, sometimes as a kit, typically not a great variety, used for various wood projects.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
I think I'd go to Wal*Mart and look for a kids' water resistant timex and go from there.

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
If you want a real clock, then the above advice should suffice. If ya want to fudge a bit, do what I did--download a picture of a suitable wall clock from the web, print it on photo paper, cut it out and paste it on a piece of wood or styrene shaped like the clock's housing. I did this for my styrene station and when viewed from the usual distance (10 feet, right?), it looks just fine. Before I made my cutout clock, I measured an old time clock I have at home, and built a cabinet based on the actual dimnesions. Well guess what? It was way too big and looked out of scale for a wall clock, proving yet again that what you see ain't what you get.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Sorry I don't have a good pic of this one -

it came from a Lemax type resin accessory kit you get at the home depot at holiday time. There were benches, etc. also in the pack.

-Brian

1 - 11 of 11 Posts