G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those e-bay ads that run across the bottom from time to time.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290236879641

A "Tweetsie" Bachmann 2-6-0....current bid $485?

TrainWorld has 2-6-0's on blow-out for $225!
And, that particular number for $225 on their website!

Somebody is not doing their homework.......

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Dave dont you know for some people there are no other sellers on Earth except for the sellers on Ebay? Its like there is no world outside of Ebay.

Only way I can explain alot of the stupidheaded bidding I've seen recently, like an LGB Zillertal keg car for over $400? BTW you can still get them from an online stores for under $100, if one bothers to look.

Ebay has dropped off my buying list big time, ever since it became overrun by the glut of "Ebay Stores" selling mostly only thru the often way overpriced "Buy it Now" option. Its gotten very very hard to find real second hand stuff being sold anymore, I wish I could shut off the "buy it now" option or shut out the stores when I'm looking for used train stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Often, the higher bids are off-shore buyers has been my experience. I have sent a few tatty items off shore for a healthy profit.....

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Hmm. Maybe I should start selling on ebay again :D

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, I'd figured that right off.
How many folks get contacted by a seller that were 2nd, 3rd and 4th losers?

I remember the Gas Pumps from Toys-R-Someone-Else.

No stock, just drive down and buy as many as you need to fill orders.
Then, add shipping.....and HANDLING!

·
Master of Disaster
867 Posts
Well it really doesn't surprise me at the prices that people bid.

Most store owners that sell on Ebay are feeding on the ignorant....people that pay that high of a price should be parted from their money...but I couldn't live with taking it..I have a conscience, I guess that is why I will always be broke....most store fronts that sell on Ebay ask rediculous prices....but a guy doesn't have to pay it!

I buy the cheapest....Ridge Road Station, for one, but at times they are not the cheapest!

People need to do their homework before getting caught up buying a run of the mill item that can be had elsewhere cheaper!

Now collectable items....that's a different story!

Bubba

1 - 9 of 9 Posts