G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ralph and I spent an entire eight hours + out on the line today, and as of oh dark thirty shut down, all is good...

Village pad is raised to the right elevation, irrigation issues have been resolved, culverts and vehicle roadways are in to the village pad and connected to outlying areas, track is cleaned, power distribution gremlins are neutralized, much vegetation clean up has been realized, some building maintenance performed, and four trains eventually ran simultaneously over the layout.

There was some other stuff, too, but it was nit-noid in comparison to getting things running once again.

The basics are "good to go", and the remaining "fluff" looks to be on schedule for the NGRC tours and MLS open house...

Much more to do, but things are definitely looking functional for the onslaught...

We're going rock hunting tomorrow...

·
Just another old guy
786 Posts
Sounds good.

Rock hunting eh!!! Taking the 50? Better get em on the first shot, cuz ther're mean when wounded or cornered.

Tommy:cool:
Rio Gracie

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Looking forwards to seeing it in the flesh, so to speak.
BTW Duncan, if you are planning on having some Sun Dancer RR pins for sale? Please keep one for me:)
Seven days to fly out.
Rod

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rod,
Yep, the pins will be available. Have a good journey!!

Tommy,
The rocks we're hunting have already been"opened up" by a .50. The bad part about that is they're now dead weight. Might hunt down some specimens that are still in one piece, but weill have to see what the license fees are per kill.

Mike,
It seems that every year Ralph and I go into "thrash" mode once the days are dry, relatively windless, and around 70-80. Yesterday was slightly overcast most of the day, but I still got a hello of a sunburn on the back of my neck. Made it sort of red, too!

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Gremlins are neutralized?:confused: Not for long./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif Chris is coming and he can make more.:D Right there on the spot./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/shocked.gif

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Posted By tmejia on 04/19/2008 11:03 PM
Sounds good.
Rock hunting eh!!! Taking the 50? Better get em on the first shot, cuz ther're mean when wounded or cornered.
Tommy:cool:" border=0>
Rio Gracie

You are hunting the rocks the wrong way

You sneak up behind them and yell BOO and they become petrified./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sick.gif

·
Premium Member
Getting our home built so maybe we can start playing with trains again!
263 Posts
Posted By Duncan on 04/20/2008 9:27 AM
......I still got a hello of a sunburn on the back of my neck. Made it sort of red, too!

That's what we call a ******* here in this neck of the woods./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blink.gif Welcome to the club...umm err uhh Cooter/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/ermm.gif

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ugh...
1,500 pounds of ballast (had to settle for 1/4 minus), and another 500 pounds of boulder bits (50# pieces and less), and we're calling it good for the day...
Most of the ballast is down (just some touch up areas that I've saved a couple hundred pounds for), some of the boulderage has been gingerly set in place, and now has the opporunity to contemplate spending the rest of its life as an integral part of some bozo's railroad, and my neck is on fahre.
Lookin' good though. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/satisfied.gif
Shoulda taken a mug shot of the boulders when they were all huddled together in the drunk tank, but forgot all about it. Havin' too much fun, don'tcha know!!!
Gotta go get a couple of new wall paper brushes, and finish detailing the ballast in the next couple of nights...
Time for a beverage of my choice!!!

Joe,
I wuz tryin' to be a little bit facetious... /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif
Qestion: Can ******** listen to R&B, Rock and Roll, and some other Heavy Metal stuff, or does it have to strictly be the C&W "Mah dawg dahed, mah wife leff me, an' it's tuff pickin' cotten in the heat of summer." sort of tripe. C5 on the diner booth jukebox...

JJ,
I went for the hung over ones (hence the Sunday morning roundup - Sheriff Joe ain't got nuthin' on me), that weren't sucepetible to the "boo" thing. Didn't want them crappin' themselves just before they got loaded into the truck. Course we put the boulderage in Ralph's truck, so it didn't really matter to me, but I try to be nice...

Additionally, I have not been authorized to divulge the names of "mystery guests" to the general assembliage, so cannot confirm nor deny the probability of attendance buy anyone who has not publicly announced their intention to attend the MLS open house on the SDRR... :rolleyes:

Shoudl be an absotively hoot of a time, though.../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.