G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Why is there pudding between the mine track? :eek: It looks like pudding, maybe its colored sand but I cant tell at the resolution on my screen. :confused:

Nice layout topside BTW :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not pudding

Why is there pudding between the mine track? :eek: It looks like pudding, maybe its colored sand but I cant tell at the resolution on my screen. :confused:

Nice layout topside BTW :D :D :D
Not pudding. Kirk used some real fine sand that he colors.

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Module or not

Great looking layout. Is it a module?
Pete
It is made up of modules that have been in the Club for over 20 years. In different configurations depending on where her home was. For years were we at Town and Country Mall in Houston and had to move several times.
When they closed Town and Country, we were without a home for a bout six months. The space at N.W. Mall became available and all of the modules fit into the new space in a different config from what had been the norm.
Lots of new things have been done to the layou since the last move. Thanks for the comments.

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
Very nice!
The old Ridge Road Station railroad (now gone, the store went out of business) also had a Gold mine..today it is the only remaining section of the Ridge Road railroad to survive, and it is part of the annual Christmas display at "The Garden Factory"..a large nursery/garden center on the west side of Rochester NY:

(not quite as "golden" as the HAGG one though! ;)

Scot

·
Premium Member
224 Posts

I think that it was a good idea to include the gold and gem mine because it really catches the eye, including that of the kids and the ladies. When I first started fooling around with my Black Mesa pop-up railway I included mine office and general store building flats using the name of the mineral gem Franklinite. I chose the name because I like Benjamin Franklin, Franklinite is found in New Jersey, and one of my sons and his family live in Franklin Township.

Sometimes when I am in a craft store I check out those plastic beads with the possible idea that they could represent some shiny Franklinite, which is a member of the spinel family. Anything to keep the the grand-kids and me interested in the ever-evolving pop-up railway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts