G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checking to see if anyone else recived a DVD on model railroading how two's and dont's from Garden Railways, Model Railroder,  Classic Toy Trains and Trains. Kind of neat and has a FREE bronze medallion with a EMD FT 103 Diesel Loco on it, now thats nice/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif.

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Nope, last one I got was on an On3 Durango & Silverton narrow gauge layout. I suppose that one will be next.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
I got one a couple years ago...IMO it's a rather sleazy way to do business to send someone crap they didn't order and expect them to pay for it or send it back. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crazy.gif   So I asked the Postmaster about it, he said that since it was sent unsolicited that I was under absolutely NO obligation to pay for it OR to return it....so I didn't. I'd rather hoped that enough others would do the same that they would stop that nonsense.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Like Mik, I hate this unethical sort of marketing and I make it a point never to (a) pay or (b) send the stuff back.

Anybody remember Columbia Records (the pioneers of this sleaze)?  Blaagh! /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sick.gif  (spit)

Dawg

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
Posted By Mik on 01/29/2008 12:29 PM
I got one a couple years ago...IMO it's a rather sleazy way to do business to send someone crap they didn't order and expect them to pay for it or send it back.    So I asked the Postmaster about it, he said that since it was sent unsolicited that I was under absolutely NO obligation to pay for it OR to return it....so I didn't. I'd rather hoped that enough others would do the same that they would stop that nonsense.
I remember well the controversy that this little marketing stunt created here at MLS back then. I still have mine, but never opened it. The DVD sits on shelf, still sealed, to this day. Don't know what happened to the medalion. I did not remit payment, of course. Didn't ask for that DVD.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I agree and as soon as I opened it I read thru and trashed all paper work, So I have a neat little medallion and a how to, the workings on railways, Garden and Real for my kids and me to enjoy. It was awfally nice of them to send me something to do with trains rather than lets say SPORTS:D.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts