G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
1st Class Pirate
707 Posts
from the RAILPUB site above ! (never assume a thing!)

. GARDEN RAILWAYS
(p=pull-out plans may be missing)
$8.00: 1990 J/F M/J N/D;
1991 J/A; 1993 J/A S/O N/D;
$5.00: 1994 J/F M/A M/J J/A
1995 Apr(p),Jun(p),Aug(p),Dec;
$4.00: 1996 Oct;
1997 Feb,Apr, Aug,Oct,Dec;
1998 Feb,Apr,Jun,Aug,Oct,Dec;
1999 Feb,Apr,Oct;
2000 Aug,Oct,Dec;
2001 Feb,Apr,Jun,Aug;
2002 Feb,Apr,Jun,Aug,Oct,Dec
2003 Jun,Aug,Oct,Dec
2004 Feb,Oct
2006 Feb,Jun,Oct; 2007 Dec;

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Thats good to know.

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
I have an almost complete set of GR's (missing only July 1985) I would be willing to part with. Mint condition with all fold out plans still in place.
Price is A$5 each plus postage, sold as a complete package only. I will not split them.
I do have a spare copy of Sep/Oct 1986 for A$10 plus postage.
Contact me offline please if interested.

·
Premium Member
2,706 Posts
I just sent all mine - many many years worth - to recycling as well.
Kept all the centre pull out plans but that was it.
I was thinking of selling the issues but postage would have been far too expensive especially oiutside the country.

Maybe Garden Railways will offer all the back issues on a few DVDs like the European Modeltrain magazines have been doing for years and Model Railroader just did now.
Something I would buy.

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
Hey thanks Knut and Greg.
What great guys you are. You have just reduced the available supply for collectors. Perhaps I should raise the price a bit.

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Well I know I have a bunch around here somewheregoing back some years

Just finding them is what I'd have to do. How much is it worth to you Travis ??? Have anything to trade ???
Drop me an E-mail and I'll try to look around to see what I have. Also, what exactly are the dates you need ???

Rocky

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
Does anybody know whether past years of GR have ever been offered on CD ROM format? Just seems to me that it would be a great way to save shelf space and still have the material readily available.

Yours,
David Meashey

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
"They won't do it, too much danger in copying it across the Internet. This was mentioned on the GR forum as I remember."

Gregg;

Ah, that's a pity. I suppose that means there is no way to make the CD ROM only usable by a single computer and print only, but no copies. I only participate here and at Large Scale Central, so I would not have seen anything from the GR forum. Gave up on Aristo's site years ago - too much like Stalin's Workers' Paradise - Don't EVER say anything against the "party" OR ELSE.

Thanks for clarifying things,
David Meashey

·
Super Moderator
4,960 Posts
Does anybody know whether past years of GR have ever been offered on CD ROM format?
Not in the past, but Kalmbach just did it for Model Railroader. There's a thread elsewhere here that talks about some of the copy-protection they appear to have included. There's at least hope that someday we may see it...

Later,

K

1 - 18 of 18 Posts