G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.k., my first post with the Big Guys! Pretty much been a lifelong model railroader-N scale being my longest. My little shop shares my 'shelf' layout with my other hobbies: scratchbuilding muzzleloaders and large scale RC airplanes. Visited a RR Club here in E. Tennessee near my home and saw my first G scale layout...that was it. I was hooked! Ordered my first piece, an Aristo Doodlebug, to get started. What has become my other passion in this new area are the rotary snowplows! I've been watching hours of YouTube snowplowers! We get just enough snow to make it worthwhile. I want one, I must have one, I must build one......this while I decide what 'real' loco to go with, diesel or steam! Finally, the question: I see various numbers mentioned and not sure how various pieces work together with these confusing scale ratios: 1:23.....1:32, etc. Hate to buy stuff not knowing what the heck I'm doing.

· Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info, and the welcome, guys. Great way to get started. Bet there are some other new guys who will learn something from this! I was getting a little befuddled, especially, when I'm reading about 1:29 and then, 45mm! I have been a standard guage, and largely Pennsy modeller, though haven't picked my 'poison' here yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.