G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this has been asked before, but it seems like many companies have gone belly-up. So......

What G-Scale Magazines are there besides Garden Railways and Narrow Gauge & Shortline Gazette that are still printing?

Okay, so there is:

Finescale Railroader (There are down to only two per year; part of Westlake Publishing)
G1MRA (British)
Gartenbahm (German)
Gartenbahn Profi (German)
Garden Railways
Garden Rail (British)
Light Iron Digest
LGB Depesche (?Cannot find their site?)
Model Railway News (?Cannot find their site?)
Narrow Gauge & Shortline Gazette
Steam in the Garden (?There site looks like they are done, please correct me if I am wrong?)
Thanks for those who have responded!!

Edit: Added list of G-Scale Magazines still in publication

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Does Finescale Railroader still do one or two a year? I know that Gartenbahm is really excellent but you need a translation.

Dave

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Model railway news covers all scales but usually has good reviews on g scale. They also have a dcc column with outdoor operations.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Eh, Model Railway News always seemed to be more of a paper "shill" for companines vs and real reporting or articles... but yeah, the do seem to have G stuff in it from time to time (mainly seems to be Bachman stuff)

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
No modern mainline ones, oh well. GRYs keeps me going.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Bob - they may have a good amount of info - but by the looks of their Bachmann K-27 review - it's darn clear that MRN doesn't do their own research - the report was a "puff" piece - people in the real world were having counterweights lock up, class lights were the wrong color, cab doors wouldn't open, and yet here is MRN saying the engine was great! Total shill!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts