G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I inherited a wonderful g scale german themed train set when my father past back in 1994 - I love it but I hardly use it because I have very little space to set it up. This year for Xmas my work is having a xmas decoration contest and I want to use my train to help my team win! I know how to set up the train itself and I have a basic idea of the workings of the gondola but my dad died before he ever used it so I've never seen it in action and have no idea how to properly set it up and there are no instructions. Does anyone have a clue how to set it up and/or where I might find instructions???

I need info asap. We start decorating the first week of december. I know I need to anchor the top fly wheel and have some ideas how I will do this without putting holes into the wall but I don't know if I can attach the controller for my train to the gondola and run both together or if I need a second controller. I also don't know how to properly string the cables and what happens to the cable cars when they reach a fly wheel. I assume it will reverse but I may be wrong.

Please help this wayward first timer. I would be extremely grateful!

Thanks in advance!!!

G

·
gondola - do you mean one of these cable-lifts?

or do you have a kit for a railroad car? (some are called "Gondola" too)

if you could give a brandname or a photo, it might be easier to help you.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Do a Google search on Rigi 89590. You should be able to find the original instructions that came with the set. Regarding your question on reversing, a lead weight that is pinched on the string at the proper position will contact the main drive unit and reverse the direction.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Yet another reason to put at least a general location in your profile. There are lots of people who may be willing to travel to help in a project like this, if they have a rough idea of where you are located.

I hope you get it figured out.

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts