G Scale Model Train Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
You might also be interested in NELS2012 which is an event being put on by large scale clubs in MA and NH.

On Friday evening June 1, we will have an operating session on the SJR&P.

http://www.tttrains.com/sjrp/

On Saturday June 2 we will have a steam-up and a bring your train and run day. DC/DCC/RC/Live Steam locomotives welcome.

Last year we had about 70 Large Scale users at the Saturday event which was a lot of fun.

Lunch on Saturday is being provided by the NHGRS. There will also be a no fee, no commission white elephant table run by the Rusty Rails & Rotten Ties Railroad Society.

Several manufacturers will also be in attendance on Saturday including Bachmann Trains and Remote control Systems of New England.

On Sunday June 3rd a selection of Large Scale layouts will be open in NH and MA.

In order to plan for the lunch and for the event we are asking that attendees pre-register.

You can also register on-line at

http://www.tttrains.com/nels2012/

Stan and Debbie Ames

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Stan and Debbie--

I looked at your web site...that is an impressive layout! how much track is there? looks like miles ( at least to scale ) How much gradient is there? looks like you up and down at bit...or should I say a LOT!

By the way, we are probably distantly related, my grandfather's mom was an Ames... a descendent of Oaks Ames of the Transcontinental Railroad financial scheme!

Eric from Maine

·
Registered
445 Posts
Do you meen the ones from Easton Mass. the Shovel town.
They built the Ames shovel!
When you are the Railroad boss and you have shovels.....
Gold Rush by anychance!
Sean

·
Registered
318 Posts
Posted By Phippsburg Eric on 16 May 2012 12:45 PM
Stan and Debbie--

I looked at your web site...that is an impressive layout! how much track is there? looks like miles ( at least to scale ) How much gradient is there? looks like you up and down at bit...or should I say a LOT!

By the way, we are probably distantly related, my grandfather's mom was an Ames... a descendent of Oaks Ames of the Transcontinental Railroad financial scheme!

Eric from Maine

Eric

We have about 4000 ft of track. The layout is still growing but it is near its final configuration. The elevation change is around 13ft and the mainline grade is between 2 and 2.5%.

Since you are from Maine, why not come down for the day for NELS2012. A lot of folks are bringing their own eauipment to operate. We will be operating DC/DCC/RC/ and live stream trains during the day. It should be a lot of fun.

Stan

http://www.tttrains.com/nels2012/

·
Registered
228 Posts
Gentlemen,

I'm not going to be able to get down to Harvey's on Sunday the 3rd -- car problems. Can't drive it farther than I can walk home from.

Nonetheless, I still think there's enough of us interested in Live Steam to get some kind of a group started -- or maybe a Live Steam Special Interest Group as part of the Connecticut G Scale organization (same idea as the Live Steam SIG within the Puget Sound GRS, which I was once a member of).

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Thanks for the invite guys... cant make it this year.

I hope you have fun and stay dry...looks like rain here

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Well, this thread has been quiet for too long. Sorry I missed your steam-up Harvey. Truck problems.

I'm still interested in starting club. If anybody else is still interested, then lets get together.

Chester Louis SA #64
Hampshire County Narrow Gauge

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
The Ct G-scalers are meeting at my place the afternoon of August 12th. You're more than welcome to drop by and run or kibitz.

Harvey C.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts