G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the name of this thread. People were lost.

The previous stuff was here.....

http://www.mylargescale.com/Community/Forums/tabid/56/forumid/8/postid/56099/view/topic/Default.aspx

Here's the plan.

I got my hands on an S scale set of decals for the light weight branch line issue of the Government of Canada NSC hopper. Same as the other 2000 or so except made out of aluminum to reduce weight.

I applied it to a clear white paper, had it increased to 1/29th scale (220% on the copier) and copied it to clear decal sheet on my own copier. The little lady in the photo will show you through the steps.

I'm in the car painting mode now so I'll let you know how all this worked.

Dave

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
well done Dave, very nice.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Posted By Don Howard on 11/13/2008 2:47 PM

Nicely done!
Since you've challenged yourself, and succeeded, this link has some more to offer on North American Cars
Saskatchewan struck me as pretty.

They are quite nice. A great link as well. I'll keep that one handy. Sadly that paint scheme is far too new for me so I'll have to stick to modelling the very first versions as they first appeared in the mid 70's.
...and I don't think I'll try another one.

Dave

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Dave,

That is quite a beautiful model you have created. Congratulations!

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Thanks Don
great site for my favorites.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
"That is quite a beautiful model you have created"

Yes, and the car is nice, too. Oh, wait, I thought you meant the redhead. Never mind.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't look REAL close. It's not like piloting a chopper. I can get away with things that no one can see.

Take care

Dave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts