G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
I have to ask........in the third runby, 'why does the chicken cross the tracks'.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Reminds me of the lines from Smigel and Sroda in Poland. Those little Px48's can sure handle rough track well. Sroda was better kept trackwork, but I suspect that is because they draw more year-round tourism.

On the run from Smigel to Stare Bojanowo there are quite a few 10km/h curves. The trackwork is 80-100 lb standard gauge rail that is laid in place, not really bent to any degree, which makes the joints meet at interesting tangent angles. Defenetly have to be on your toes when running this...although sitting down was even better.

·
Registered
966 Posts
That's not too bad either("stolen" from buntbahn.de->Vorbilder->Krumme Schienen) - probably a peat moss field RR:

Regards

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Posted By Slipped Eccentric on 02/01/2009 8:18 PM
Saw this posted on another site. Makes even the worst garden railroad look like it has a Class1 roadbed.

http://vimeo.com/2578284

Doesn't look too tough to recreate a little of that for a elevated layout for effect - for small engines only of course.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
That track looks like even a Shay would hesitate to tread there!
(Although, probably due to the small drivers, exhaust rate sounds remarkably fast
for the pace the engines are moving at, similar to a Shay). I noticed that even when the engineer leaned on the whistle to scare the chickens off, they didn't particularly rush to get out of the engine's way!
(Anyone for "steamed" chicken
).

Tom

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Are you shure Henner thats from germany? When the weather turns nicer i "ll post some pics next to the salt lake marina in utah it looks almost the same!
Manfred Diel #1313

1 - 10 of 10 Posts