G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Wow Fred, really nice train and that electric Fulgurex version has great detail on both the tender and the loco far more than my live steam version has and that headboard and the train number 187 really make the scene. I want to put a train number in my "cinema" board at the front of my loco for the Fleche D'or but I'm not sure what number I should use so do you know if train 187 correct?
Thanks for sharing
Russell

·
Registered
275 Posts
Oops, re my previous reply the cinema box train number I meant 185 but looking at some books just now I think the Fleche D'Or train Calais to Paris was train 82, whatever it is yours looks really good and that fourgon with customs checked boxes must be rare as you don't see many.
Russell

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The locomotive came with this train number but not with the Fleche d'Or board; I added that just for the picture/video (it is from an 0 gauge locomotive). Anyway, the Chapelon never pulled the Fleche d'Or when the cars were still brown/creme, but I liked the look.
The Fleche d'Or was was 78/79 on inauguration. The number was changed through the years and from 1960 it was 82. I have not yet found which train had number 185 but I will look through the books.

Regards
Fred

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
The locomotive came with this train number but not with the Fleche d'Or board; I added that just for the picture/video (it is from an 0 gauge locomotive). Anyway, the Chapelon never pulled the Fleche d'Or when the cars were still brown/creme, but I liked the look.
The Fleche d'Or was was 78/79 on inauguration. The number was changed through the years and from 1960 it was 82. I have not yet found which train had number 185 but I will look through the books.

Regards
Fred
Fred,
I did the same thing with my Nord…i know it isn’t correct, but as David Leech often says…it’s my train and i can run it as I like…i have 8 j&m brown and cream coaches…and it looks great as does yours…

Sam

1 - 7 of 7 Posts