G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, pretty nice first run on the line. Only a couple of derailments as I find soft spots, biggest problem is that left curve right after the station, its a slight downgrade to the curve, but then back slightly upgrade thru the long curve ahead, Billy kept derailing at the first curve, I did a little shimming under the track and stopped that. I had a bit of negitive superelevation at the back side behind the wishing well. I shimmed that up, but need to reballest that now. I will probably break out my long carpenters level as soon as Billy cools enough to remove from the layout and do a bit more track leveling. Buying even the simplest 2 channel RC isnt in the budget right now, so he has to remain manual control. I did find the problem with the pressure gauge, the line going to it had some hardened sediment in the bottom of the elbow were it turns to go up to the gauge. I had to carefully straighten it, drive a straight pin thru it with some slight steam pressure in the boiler to blow it out. The gauge works now, but fogs up. I will purchase a new pressure gauge shortly. In the first picture, Oliver is raising steam and boarding the evening passengers on thier way home from a long day at the office, in the second picture he is making good time steaming easily along by the water wheel, and finaly the last picture is as we depart one of the station stops along the way. Cheers and enjoy the new pics! Mike

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Now that looks like a very enjoyable afternoon. Looks great Mike!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts