G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a bid on one of these over a month ago -

an Aristo 46601 Railway Express Agency (REX) Wood Truss Reefer

and won it for $0.99 because it was listed in "other" on eBay. I promptly paid via eBay for the item plus Priority mail shipping and waited. Emailed the seller after a couple of weeks and after 3 weeks I got a message saying the item was to be shipped. Got back from vacation and after 2 weeks nothing at my door! Emailed seller again and 2 days later the seller has canceled their eBay account! Already put my complaint into PayPal.

eBay seller ID was - bimmer323boy

Seller's name - Debra A Steele

Seller's PayPal ID - [email protected]

-Brian

·
Registered
467 Posts
Thanks Brian,
I have never seen such a bad transaction. What was her feedback rating, and how many transactions has she done. I usually check that. Newbies with a low rating are to be suspected. She probably did not want to sell it to you for 0.99. It was a good thing you went to Paypal too. She will just get a new ebay account, under a new ID, and start over.

Paul

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Posted By bottino on 09/24/2008 6:56 PM
Thanks Brian,
I have never seen such a bad transaction. What was her feedback rating, and how many transactions has she done. I usually check that. Newbies with a low rating are to be suspected. She probably did not want to sell it to you for 0.99. It was a good thing you went to Paypal too. She will just get a new ebay account, under a new ID, and start over.

Paul

She had a feedback rating of 20 with one negative. Not great but not a newbie either. I have been on eBay for over a decade even getting the wife's engagement ring there for $2k. Never had a truly dishonest transaction before. If she did not want to sell it, should have just said so and refund the money. Not sure why she went through with the charade of printing a shipping label. Oh well! Its an unusual car so if it does pop up again someone might spot it.

-B

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Paypal would sieze a million dollar account for a dispute over 0.99 cents. That is why alot of sellers won't accept paypal. The seller would have to show proof of shipment which is a tracking number or delivery conformation number to not get your money back. Just keep pushing and I bet she will come across. I've been on both sides of that coin, accused of not shipping and also of receiving packages that were never shipped. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Paypal decided the case in my favor and has already deposited all funds back into my account! Sounds like they got their act together.

-Brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts