G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Thanks Tac. Nice videos and track also. Since the Cab Forwards ran so well I assume they were rebuilt by "triple R services", right?

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The track belongs to G1MRA member and stalwart John Squires, and that was, I'm told, one of the first occasion on which it had been run. In addition to being just the right height for those of us who don't bend liuke we used too, it has a series of long make-up sidings to, where any train up to about 35 feet long can be accommodated with ease. The ever-present threat of large apples falling on your head [just thort i'd mention that, John] was all that could possibly detract from a great running day on a very impressive track. For my pal broos and me it was a privilege to be asked to run there, and, as with the invites we get to Thurnby, it was very much appreciated.

tac
www.ovgrs.org

·
Registered
620 Posts
I was even able to double and triple head by running more than one movie at a time.

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Posted By jfrank on 11/22/2008 8:49 PM
Thanks Tac. Nice videos and track also. Since the Cab Forwards ran so well I assume they were rebuilt by "triple R services", right?

I cannot possibly comment on that assumption - the locomotive in question is not mine. However, I CAN reveal that MY locomotive HAS been extensively[/i] rebuilt with regard to the entire steam pipe run et al by the same person who worked on the AC-12, and, thanks to Gordon Watson down there, also fitted with mesh-in-burner installations and r/c, too. It now produces embarrassingly long runs - voices muttering 'Isn't it about time he let someone else run?' are not unknown these days.

As for the track, well, I'm lucky enough to have an acquaintance who invites me and my old pal Broos along to such venues - I won't embarrass him by posting his name, but he knows who he is. His own track is remarkable enough by my standards, but he generously shares it with like-minded folks who would otherwise have no chance, like me, to extend, let alone run, their larger locomotives fully.

Best from us over here

tac & ig
www.ovgrs.org

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Posted By Ed Hume on 11/24/2008 6:38 AM
I guess somebody is a pretty smooth walker to get those longer sequences with the helicopter views. That was really excellent - no distractions from the camera shaking.

I cannot tell a lie, 'twas me sidling along..........and the camera has an anti-shake demon inside it that stops it happening before it happens.

tac
www.ovgrs.org

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.