G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,966 Posts
Here's an excerpt from the e-mail Dick sent me. It will be of particular interest to all y'all midwestern modelers.

"... I am still going to forge ahead with my dream and plan to build ( with help from my friends and family) a G-scale replica of a certain section of a shortline railroad called "THE MK&T" as faithfully as I can in the space allowed ( approx. 1/4 acre). We all knew the MK&T affectionalty as "THE KATY" this shortline road served mainly small farm communities, farmers and farms around my home town area . "THE KATYS" motive power was Baldwin 4-6-0 ten wheelers, with a variety of rolling stock.
I don't know if I will be able to or not, but I am planning on scratch-building as much of the rolling stock as I am able to as well as all sructures I am able to ."

Personally, I'd like to think that a Bachmann 4-6-0 could be scaled down nicely to a 1:29ish 10-wheeler (though admittedly I have no clue what the Katy's 10-wheelers looked like). I'm envisioning a few 10-wheelers and some early steel, perhaps some wood/steel box cars--things from the 20s and 30s era. Could be cool!

Later,

K

1 - 1 of 1 Posts