G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok for you guys out there that are CSX fans, i have been talking to Robbie at RDL hobbies for a little while now about doing silver with yellow ends and yellow lettering on a 100 ton modern coal car. well today i received a call from Robbie telling me that he has committed to making 300 of these cars, 150 with metal wheels and a 150 with plastic wheels. these will be a truely nice cars done on aristocrafts 100 ton hopper cars. these will be simalar to the BNSF green and silver cars he did last year only these cars will have yellow wear the green was. Robbie said he will have pictures up in a couple of weeks these will be a great buy for us CSX fans . im buying a least 50 and maybe 75 if i can do it with metal wheels, so if you guys think you want some, reserve them now before there sold out, at RDL hobbies...
Nick...:rolleyes::D:D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dennis,
ive been savin for these for a long time, i was going to buy the AML ones, but they still do not have a prototype yet, so who knows how long it will take them to get a working model to market, so i'l buy these, already have 72 of the black CSX so with the new ones that will put at about a 125 or so, that should make an impressive train with 4 sd-70's out front...
HE HE HE;)/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif
Nick

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Nick...I really need to figure out what you do for a living......so i can find a job in that field!!!

I may be in for a few of those hoppers too.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well Kevin,
I work very hard for my train $ sometimes 18 hour days, 5 days straight , but i enjoy what i do and try to work as much as i can to make exrta train $..plus i have no kids so what others spend on cloths, books food ,so on and so on, i can spend my extra $ on my only hobby now, witch are my choo choos,:D/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif plus i didnt hurt that all my life i collected lionel and other o scale stuff when i could afford to buy it. then 5 years ago i decided o wasnt big enough for me and i sold it all and started buying g...
/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif;):D and thats all she wrote.
Nick

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ps people will for some reason pay stupidly high prices for new in the box lionel stuff, i really dont understand it but im not complaining/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dave,
when RR is complete it will have about 2500 ft of SS main line, and maybe 500ft of sidings, this is the plan anyway...:DNick...

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Nick,
You probably made the right decision on not waiting for the AML cars. When talking to them at the BTS in June they said they were having trouble getting the blueprints for them. The company that makes them was balking.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
0, signing the morgage papers in 10 days i hope when the city gives me a certificate of occupency for the new home. then my brother will begin the tear down of the back yord with the backhoe and bulldozer, then on the days he's slow he will have his crew come in and give me a hand with it. by the way its nice to have a brother with a landscaping busness to fall back on.... he he he wont take long im thinking some trains will be up and running by winter, the rest by spring if all goes well..
Nick

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
Posted By nick s. on 08/01/2008 11:36 AM

0, signing the morgage papers in 10 days i hope when the city gives me a certificate of occupency for the new home. then my brother will begin the tear down of the back yord with the backhoe and bulldozer, then on the days he's slow he will have his crew come in and give me a hand with it. by the way its nice to have a brother with a landscaping busness to fall back on.... he he he wont take long im thinking some trains will be up and running by winter, the rest by spring if all goes well.. Nick

Sounds like one exciting project coming up. I'm sure several of us will be following this one . . .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts