G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if I have the wrong person here, but I recall, but cannot find, a recent thread about rebuilding a British-outline pacific of indeterminate type, but one that I noted looked a lot like a miniature version of a miniature locomotive that runs on the Romney, Hythe & Dymchurch Railway here in southern England.

Then I saw Ralph Brades' post on his visit to mainlinethurnby, and there, on image 6, is the very model I was thinking of.

http://www.cabbagepatchrailway.co.uk/mls

True, it's in Gauge 3, and since I can't locate the original thread, I can't recall what size was noted in it.

tac

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Tac,
I believe you are looking for the thread by Justin Koch on building a new boiler for said engine. He started quite a ruckus on his findings on the old boiler of "soft solder" cauking. Search back about two months in the threads for live steam...Hope this is the one.
Noel
P.S. Tac,
It is on page 2 of the threads. "Rebuild & New Boiler for an Old Engine. She looks like the Green Goddess according to Pete Thornton. A Pacific type.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Posted By tacfoley on 08/25/2008 10:20 AM
Sorry if I have the wrong person here, but I recall, but cannot find, a recent thread about rebuilding a British-outline pacific of indeterminate type, but one that I noted looked a lot like a miniature version of a miniature locomotive that runs on the Romney, Hythe & Dymchurch Railway here in southern England.
Then I saw Ralph Brades' post on his visit to mainlinethurnby, and there, on image 6, is the very model I was thinking of.
http://www.cabbagepatchrailway.co.uk/mls
True, it's in Gauge 3, and since I can't locate the original thread, I can't recall what size was noted in it.
tac

Hi Tac,
Thanks for the heads up on the pictures. A LOT of nice engines there, and that one is remarkably similar to the engine I'm working on. Even though it's gauge 3, and the one in the shop is gauge 1, I'd be willing to wager they're pretty similar in size.

Justin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts