G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chaps,

I had the In-laws over for 3 days (from Shepparton - a country town 2 hours north of Melbourne) during the Christmas Break. All of Boxing Day we ran trains in the yard, drank and ate lovely things! -  a great day....what its all about!  I ran live steam, as well as about 30 different trains over some 10 hours.

My Brother in Law is an ameture film maker/actor, and had some fun filming my trains that day. He used his more handy-cam unit to take the shots.

He placed the films on Youtube here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAyIg5FSd7s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgs8ifVzTcM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZhX-vjYfnk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0-pW9vdH-w

I like the 3rd one down.

Each is about 3 mins long.

I'm going to see if he can make me a DVD in higher res.

Enjoy,

David.

PS you'll see all of the Masterclass models running here n there in those 4 films.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Very Very nice indeed! Congratulations to the Route Owner as well as the Cinematographer and Editor..... Very enjoyable.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
That's a great set of movies. Your engines look very nice pulling the Carter Brother's cars.
I like the third one as well. You must also have had a crush on Stevie Nicks when you were younger.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Fletch,

Wonderful Videos, your brother-in-law has a very keen eye for movies! Nicely blended and well shot.  Always enjoy your models and railway

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Fletch

The film presentation is as impressive as the layout and the engines running about.  Interesting selection of music.  What an enjoyable time of the year with the weather and the holidays!

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Hi David,

Very nice, I like them all. The locos & cars look super as does your railroad. Congrats to you and your brotherin law.

chuckger

·
Super Moderator
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chaps, just a normal run is all it was. It was a nice day, and the In-laws (retired Farmers) were chatting over tea, so I thought I'd run some trains and give them something to look at! We ended u just running and running! The live steamer put goop all over the track, so the electrics later on had trouble on the oily 4% grades!The Bro in law got quite carried away. I have no sound card on my machine, so I know not what music or sound is on the Videos..just as well he hasn't voiced over awful things! (John King who crerated these films is a very creative fellow. His short films are most entertaining).

If I put my own music over it, itd probably be Pink Floyd or something!

Thanks chaps,
David.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
I seem to be having some trouble posting?!?!? Anyway, Dave, it's great to see all your wonderful efforts in action. They create a magic all their own. I especially like seeing so many early era locos running. Wonderful work beautifully captured. Kudos to the in-law! I sure wish I could have been there to see it all.

Chris

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Very impressive David, It was nice to see the sparkies running with the live steam. I just wish we had that weather around the holidays but it's what you get for being on the other side of the world.

Are you track power for the electric?

Looking foward to the next videos from your brother in law

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Very nice! Thanks for posting!

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Hey - I saw No 42 working!!!!

Thats a good quality set of videos and the range of scratch built locos is impressive!

Thanks for posting Fletch, I shall certainly be watching them again.

Allan.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Nice!

Your brother-in-law obviously knows what he's doing with a video camera.

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
"If I put my own music over it, itd probably be Pink Floyd or something! "

Yeah, I could hear "Interstellar Overdrive" on top of that..   /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif
London 1967 live recording, ....of course. :cool:

Thats one fine looking layout, got a plan?

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
David: I recognize those ancient 20 yr old Delton log cars. You must be older than you look. Now i know I am not the only one with those cars in my collection, i will need to get them out.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts