G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are some vids and photos of my first official run at my new layout please enjoy

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Very nice long runs on your new layout. Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
That's a great lay out. I really like the way the track comes out through the small opening from the building. Awesome job.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Bill
What a combination: beautiful engine, great landscaping, water and shade- enjoyable to see your layout!

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for the comments. I has taken me about 4 months to complete the track, and the yard is still not finished. Ground track looks good but Much harder to tamp and level. The tunnel is were the darn built in grill was in my way. I could not go around it as the pool was in the way for that. Here is a small vid showing it a little better.
Thank you all again.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Bill,

Your S-12 is awesome. I love the bark box. Can't wait until mine is running that well. Any idea what the drawbar weight is on the long string you pulled?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Bill; great layout with it's long runs around the yard & pool! I wonder when you get a chance if you could post a close up video of the S-12 switcher running real slow so the "bark box" could be heard on a slow take off. Also are the "plumes" affected by the "bark box"? Was it hard to install? Maybe a picture of it if you will? Thanks. Jim Spanier

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jim,
The fourth video I posted is all I have for a start up of the S-12 for now. Due to medical reasons I will not be running for awhile. But when I do I will add a video for you. As for the plumes I think they are better.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks Bill; hope the medical problem is easily solved. I live in Hemet Ca. (near Temecula) & get up to Las Vegas a couple times of year & wonder if we could "boil some water" sometime in the future. Here's my e-mail add. [email protected] Jim Spanier

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jim
just let me know, always up for some steaming. Just let me know what you want to bring. (haven't tried a K through the tunnel YET)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts