G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Fired my first 2 laps at Disneyland today in Loco's 5 and 4! I hope it's allways as fun as today!

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Doug,
You working the 17th or 18th this month? I'm bringing the family down and we'll stop by and say HI if you're there.
Russ Miller

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Russell,
I will be working that week but I dont have the schedule yet...

zonk,
Maybe I can get a Guest to take my pic, (Russell?) I'm not allowed to have a camera while i'm working....

·
Registered
87 Posts
Oh wow, thats no fun! How about that camera phone???:)

Over there at D-Land do you guys just hop on the engines and go or do you put in a little time in the shop getting them ready as well?>

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We can loose our jobs over camera's so no.

We hostel the loco's in the morning if we have that shift and put them to bed, polish them at night if we have that shift....but the mid shift jumps on and off..

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Congrats Doug, I know how excited you were when you got the call that they were going to bring you up into the cab.. Go on ya.. I'll have to make another trek down to see you at the throttle sometime later in the year.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Enjoy it as long as you can! Someday it will turn into a JOB... (been there done that...nothing like trying to make a living at something to take a lot of the joy out of a hobby)

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Zonk,
The Roundhouse crews light them off 1st thing in the morning, and then shut off the fires and cover the stack to hold the heat untill we come in to hostle them.
they will be hot for a full day without a fire if the firebox doors are closed and the stack covered..
the no camera thing is a good thing, otherwise there would be no magic ;)

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Doug,
I'm bringing my camera! We'll look for you either Monday Afternoon, Tuesday, Wednesday, or even Thursday. Who should we ask to see if "Doug Archer" is there? Also, do you have any idea if the Lilly Belle will be running any of those days?
Russ

1 - 15 of 15 Posts