G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like I'm the first Dude here./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif

Happy New Year, every one.

JimC.

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
Nice new set up  you have here, MLS. I am suitably impressed.  Happy New Year to all.    --Ron in (where the h*** is) Copper Center

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
This is certainly different.  I am not sure that I like it.]

What happened to all the old posts?  I came here today expecting to read the ongoing description of the new K-27 and there is nothing here.

John

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
I think that starting from scratch with all new posts--and NONE of the old ones--is a great way to start this forum. After all, it IS the NEW Year 2008--and the First of January, no less. This is a wonderful opportunity to rid this forum of all that old clutter (and some excess baggage that probably really needs to be left behind) and start a-new !  I applaud you, Shad. In appreciation, I have finally renewed my first class membership effective today. My regards, Ron in (where the h*** is) Copper Center. 

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Well......It's 2008, looks like all is Well & off to a new start...... [:)" />]

Seems to take forever on dial-up..........but everythig is slow here..........

Looks like everyone is starting as passengers..................

wonder how long it will take for the one-liners, to make pointless little comments,  to boost their status errr stars          ........hahahahah :cool:

Hope everyone had a great Christmas. and a safe New Year...........

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Posted By blackburn49 on 01/01/2008 11:48 PM

I think that starting from scratch with all new posts--and NONE of the old ones--is a great way to start this forum. After all, it IS the NEW Year 2008--and the First of January, no less. This is a wonderful opportunity to rid this forum of all that old clutter (and some excess baggage that probably really needs to be left behind) and start a-new !  I applaud you, Shad. In appreciation, I have finally renewed my first class membership effective today. My regards, Ron in (where the h*** is) Copper Center.

Ron,

Thanks for the vote of confidence.  I toiled over whether to migrate the old posts into the new forum for months.  I couldn't decide, I kept going back and forth.  On one hand, it's nice to have all the old stuff here, but on the other, there was a lot of fluff that wasn't necessary.    Finally, when I couldn't get any of the data migration to work completely, it answered the question for me.  Start fresh.

It's also good to see that the new membership management tools are working correctly.  I've already received your membership renewal and it looks like it was successfully posted to your account. 

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
When I finish up here, I hitchhike over to another favorite site, one for Meridian HiFi addicts, and they too start a new set of files each year. BRILLIANT!

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Well..............I got in easy enough, but with all the earlier stuff being elsewhere, there's nothing to read (yet)

I guess it's like a new pair of jeans, they become more comfortable, the more you wear them.;)

I'll get used to it, I guess.

Rod F.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Well, that was a surprise when I logged in this morning!

All working OK here and I have had a very quick look around the new features, I think it will be a good upgrade once we get used to it. Like the preview window on the posts to save having to open to find out what it is about. The page still has the familiar 'MLS feel' to it which I think is important.

For continuing threads should be easy enough for the originator of the thread to start a new one with a link to the archive post next time they have an update for us.

Give it a couple of weeks and we won't even remember the old system!

Allan.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Happy 2008 from us in paradise! Nice fresh look to MLS! Knowing our members writing habits, we'll have this puppy filled up in no time! Now, what about the K-27's?

Regards,

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
This should be interesting/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif

And I stuck on a picture right from my harddrive.....that's nice/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Photo from your hard drive? Cool. Just like the 7/8ths web site.

How do you do that? I can't find the command.

·
Senior JOAT
736 Posts
Photo input, eh?   Let me try that.

Hmm...preview doesn't work.   - But the rest does.   Pretty snazzy.

OK.   Need to make sure that photos are less than 60K.   Should help the dial-up folks.

Attachments

·
Senior JOAT
736 Posts
Now, I'll try a link to a photo.

Well...that didn't work.   I put the link in the message attachment area and hit preview.   Nothing showed in preview, and after I closed that window, I could not do anything but cancel

I cannot see a way to link to a picture already on the web.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts