G Scale Model Train Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
Hi Bills...............yep....just enough room for clearance between the girder flanges and the cars.....3/4 inch on each side. There is a reason for that.....I am going with a spacing of 6 3/4 inches center to center of track on straight sections....close to the 2 inch spacing I used in HO. Doing this on the bridge gave me the fairly close clearance on the inside girder....so I matched it to the outside girder....my choose though! Guess old HO habits die hard!
Anyway....it does clear as long as there isn't a derailment....derailment ??????? not here !!! heaven forbid

A couple of pictures with cars on the track...I have the track made up....just haven't got it down yet. Still working on a fence around the layout to keep our new pup out...all 70 pounds of him. I am using code 250 aluminum and it doesn't take to being stepped on by people or dogs too well.

I know I still have lots of work to do, but I see the light at the end of the tunnel...or bridge in this case.

Garry NCGRR

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Yes they are concrete. Made a bunch of forms and poured the standing middle part first and then added new forms to do the base. Did manage to make an error in planning them out however, did not realize at the time that I should have made them wider. As it is they are not wide enough to comfortably hold my bridge, so I am in the process of adding rounded ends to both upper and lower parts. Have sunk screws into the sides to help hold the extensions better. I am adding roughly an inch to each side of the abutments.

Garry

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.