G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys !
The water tower arrived yesterday (06-15-22) afternoon.
I did a little research and the choices were using a solvent based glue such as the glue included with the kit, or using Testors Model Cement.
I decided to strike out on my own and build it with my B7000 cell phone glue.
Unlike a solvent based glue, the B7000 is non-marring,and doesn't damage parts model parts that are molded in color. It will damage painted model parts.
Plus, solvent based glues weld plastic together by melting it a little bit to get the parts to fuse together. if you get a little sloppy, it will damage even parts that are molded in color, and you will forced to either repaint the affected model part, or leave it as-is.
Personally, I'd be more likely to repaint the whole model rather that just repaint one part, especially if that single part is a larger one! It would depend on which part it is, how big, and how visible.
For now, here's a video of the completed tank with the straps/buckles installed :

Enjoy !
Andrew

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I finished my water tower yesterday. I did replace the lame plastic pin for the spout with a piece of spare brass rod from my my space parts collection for my Lionel 0-6-0's.
Much stronger that way!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts